03 Cobra Lip

GT Rob

Reaction score
Looks good I like it better than the mach1 spoiler where did you get it and dose it bolt on just as easy

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I can't stand how the mach lip doesn't really fit flush on the sides or the front, and it always gets wrinkly and messed up. This one almost fits perfectly. Only thing is...its gonna SUCK if/when I scrape it...its easy to change out a $60 mach lip once a year, but this one hurts the bank a bit more haha

I really like the lip.... Where did the idea come from?
Muh head

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Looks good I like it better than the mach1 spoiler where did you get it and dose it bolt on just as easy
LMR

Yup bolts right on...I also used some 3M double stick molding tape to get it to fit tight and flush...it mounts a little bit differently than the mach lip, so it sags a little bit without the tape.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Wow, I love it!

I would've never thought that lip would work with the SN, nice work!
Thanks man...I've been wanting to try it for a while, but it was a lot of cash for a plastic piece that might not even work haha...but I figured it would because the mach1 lip fits the SN just like it fits the 01 cobra bumper. Its short on the sides...and I've seen guys put the 03 lip on 01 bumpers and it fits flush. So I figured it had to fit the SN bumper too...and I was right!

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Ok. I like it and I give you props on the idea, but I only have one thing to say....it looks exactly like when I did a home depot chin spoiler on my old 96.... exactly the same.

But! Im sure this is much less flexible giving it a more sturdy feeling... although you might not want that went you hit that wrong driveway.

Looks nice though and the car always looks good JB

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks good but with that said, 300 is steep....and not sure its worth it over the Mach. Id have to see it in person tho.

Wyatt32

Reaction score
Wow! That looks great! You really have an eye for awesome subtle changes. I am a less is more kinda guy, the way it
blends in but helps lower and fill out and the front bumper without being very conspicuous, well I might have to do this
if I get the chance to. Kudos Sir.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
I've seen home depot lips...and this looks nothing like that in person, trust me. You get what you pay for...

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Maybe get some pics, with I guess better lighting, I cant 100% tell how it looks it seems to just blend into the shadow of the car.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Wow! That looks great! You really have an eye for awesome subtle changes. I am a less is more kinda guy, the way it
blends in but helps lower and fill out and the front bumper without being very conspicuous, well I might have to do this
if I get the chance to. Kudos Sir.
Yes I agree...it gives the bumper more of a "full" look.

ThePope

Reaction score
Buddy of mine installed one on his 95 GT last year. Doesn't look too bad.

a306juGRnot

Reaction score
Haha I had a feelin this was what u had in mind. Looks great bro! Still like the mach1 a little better but since no one really has it u get all the props!

Redford

Reaction score
I like it, very subtle, looks a lot cleaner than the Mach 1 lip. I couldn't even see it in the first few pics.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I love it! Makes the car look lower. Hopefully you get a new shoot done, I love seeing pics of your car.

PS are those yellow fogs???? Night time PICS please!!

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Old pics:

dscn1697d.jpg

dscn1701z.jpg

dscn1708v.jpg

00hood15.jpg

Latest posts