03 cobra wheel help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by billmacomber1987, Jul 29, 2006.

1. billmacomber1987

billmacomber1987 New Member

I have stock 03 cobra wheels on my sn they are the painted finish in a 17x9 I was wondering of any companys made the cobra wheels in an 18 and maybe a little wider with the same finish im asking because I like the wheels a lot and the look great on a black sn but the rear wheels and tires look very small compared to the front wheels and the wheel well size si I want to get new rear wheels in an 18 so give it a better look I know I wont be able to rotate the wheels or tires or anything but im not to wearied about that. So if any one knows if any companies make them wheels in an 18

2. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

i think mustang tuning has them :bunny3:

3. billmacomber1987

i didnt see any in the painted finish ans i cant find anything in an 18. everything is polished or chrome i likw the finish i have and i dont have the money for 4 new rims. plus i like the off set look

4. OmegaRed88

OmegaRed88 New Member

AFS wheels makes all kinds. Look on ebay.

5. LI98GT

LI98GT Well-Known Member

To give you another option, I have '03 Cobra rims and put on a pair of 1.25" wheel adapters to get rid of the pinched in look on the rear. The '03 Cobras are 1" wider than the stock 17" rims, but still looks to be in too much on the rear IMO. Some people feel uncomfortable with this option, but for me, I doublecheck the torque of the lugs on both the wheels and the ones that hold down the adapters and I'm OK. At the last car show that I was at, I had these guys trying to figure out how they looked flush.

Here's and older pic from the rear and a current one from the front so you can see what they look like on.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. billmacomber1987

I was thinking about that for a while I almost got some but. Im into drifting I know a mustang drifting weird right but I don’t think it would we a good idea to put that much stress on the wheel spacer. And that is also why I wanted the 18inch wheels so I could eliminate some of the side wall flex in the tire

7. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

yeah dont use spacers if your going to be doing track racing, UNLESS you get the flush type without built in studs, then get stronger and longer studs and you will be fine.