03 cobra wheels on 94-98

94white5.0gt

Reaction score
this is for those of you that have 03 cobra wheels on a 94-98 mustang. i am planning on getting some 03 cobra wheels and lowering my 94 gt. when i lower it though, did anyone use the fox body lower control arms and inner tie rods to pull the front wheels in, or is it not nessesary? do the wheels stick out from the fenders if you dont use the fox control arms?? any suggestions or pics would help. thanks

rgs

Reaction score
as long as you lower it at the same time, your rims will not stick out

OP
OP

94white5.0gt

Reaction score
how low did you lower yours?? what springs?? i am thinkin h&r ss's but i dont want to be banging the front end up all the time?? but i like the way 03's look on these cars. right now i have stock springs with 16" cobra r's and they stick out about 1/2" or so...

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1866cleanblurResized.jpg

IMG_0535Resized.jpg

IMG_0549Resized.jpg

They Fit PERFECT......Just perfect in the front with 275's

OP
OP

94white5.0gt

Reaction score
that is without using fox control arms?? what springs did you use?? looks nice!!

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94white5.0gt said:
that is without using fox control arms?? what springs did you use?? looks nice!!

You CANNOT Use Fox Control Arms on a SN95..... They wont fit correctly...So Dont do it.

i believe you are referring to the 03,04 Cobra/FRPP Front A-Arms..... Yes, i have the Cobra A-Arms on the front.

here is the list for you....Glad you like :thumb:

-Eibach Sportline Springs (No ISOs in Front)
-Tokico 5-Way Sport Shocks
-Suspension Techniques Front Sway Bar
-OEM Ford Cobra Rear Sway Bar
-Steeda Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
-Suspension Techniques End-Links
-Maximum Motorsports K-Member Brace
-Maximum Motorsports Subframe Connectors
-Maximum Motorsports Adjustable Lower Control Arms
-Ford Racing/03' Cobra A-Arms
-UPR Bumpsteer Kit
-PBR/Cobra Caliper (Painted Black)
-Stainless Steel Braided Lines
-RotorPros Slotted Rotors
-Hawk Pads
-OEM 17x9 2003/2004 Cobra Wheels (Machined Finish)
-275/40ZR17 Nitto 555

OP
OP

94white5.0gt

Reaction score
fox control arms will fit, i used them on my buddy's 95gt. i had to use the control arms, inner tie rods, ball joints, and it pulled the wheels in about an inch. there was a MM&FF article on them not too long ago. i just dont know if they have to be moved in or not??

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94white5.0gt said:
fox control arms will fit, i used them on my buddy's 95gt. i had to use the control arms, inner tie rods, ball joints, and it pulled the wheels in about an inch. there was a MM&FF article on them not too long ago. i just dont know if they have to be moved in or not??

They dont need to be moved in at all.

The 95' Cobra R came with 9 inch wheel up front with 274/40's....same size as the 03 cobra rims

OP
OP

94white5.0gt

Reaction score
what is the difference with the 03 cobra A arms vs. stock control arms?? what all did you have to do to use them, or did they just bolt in??

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94white5.0gt said:
what is the difference with the 03 cobra A arms vs. stock control arms?? what all did you have to do to use them, or did they just bolt in??

they just bolt in replacement.

When you run a 9 inch wheel up front its REALLY hard to do a u-turn and you loose turning radius because the Rim Rubs and Grinds on the A-arm...Maybe people on this forum have have experienced the problem and it destroys the inside of the wheel.

the 03/04 Cobra (FRPP) A-Arms are redesigned to improve the turing radius....It makes a HUGE difference and i am able to do you turns now :dancing6:. The A-Arms also come with a New Low Friction Ball Joint and 50% Stiffer Bushings.

I bought mine used with 5,000miles on them for $40...but you can get them on BuyFordRacing.com at a good price.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Mine are 18x9 and 18x10 AFS Replica's if that makes a difference, I'm not sure if the backspacing is different compared to the OEM 03 Cobras like Handz' car. I cropped and zoomed this shot that shows how far they stick out. I think it's perfect personally so I still have stock control arms.

profizzile.jpg

I do have a slight problem with the inside of the front rims rubbing the control arm but it's not that big of a deal, I still have 95% of my original turning radius left.

OP
OP

94white5.0gt

Reaction score
yea i'll probably just use the 03 cobra a-arms and see how that works, now i just need to decide what springs, shocks, and struts to use :dunno:

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Red, does you rear tires ever touch the fender lip.....do you think it would touch if you lowered it more?

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Hey Red, does you rear tires ever touch the fender lip.....do you think it would touch if you lowered it more?

Nope they've never touched even with my 1/8" spacers. I wouldn't want to lower the back any more than it is now but I might still be able to get away with it. All the clearances are close enough as it is. :(

94white5.0gt said:
yea i'll probably just use the 03 cobra a-arms and see how that works, now i just need to decide what springs, shocks, and struts to use :dunno:

There are a lot of good choices for springs. I can recommend H&R Supersports as really nice springs. With all isolators in, the front and back is about dead even front and rear with a little over a 2" drop. I then took the front isolators out the front lowered almost 1/2" more. I don't have any good pictures since right now I have my winter wheels on and the only other pictures I have with the 03 cobras are a few hours after install with the isolators so they hadn't even settled.

OP
OP

94white5.0gt

Reaction score
i was planning on going with the h&r ss's, but i think that might be TOO low, as i daily drive my 94, also i live in the country with alot of backroads and hills. i would like to find a spring that lowers it about 1.75/1.50".

Zwolaver21

Reaction score
I would probably go with the eibach pro kit then. You can make it over bumps and all of that and it still looks way better than stock.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Not 03 Cobra wheels, BUT I do have H&R SS's and Termy front arms with 275s up front. I wouldn't say it's too low.
I'd say it's low enough.

EDday17.jpg

EDday1.jpg

EDday11.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online