1965 4v twin turbo Falcon

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
A 63-65 Falcon will be my next build for me, I will eventually build a 240z for my wife. My plan is a two-door Falcon, find a wrecked 94-95 Mustang GT, strip the car of the wiring, engine, and interior. Build the 5.0 and go with a single turbo, IRS from a Mark VIII.

OP
OP
D

Doodler

Reaction score
Just a little update.

Finished shaping the back. Rear side panels are poured, shaped and speakers are fitted.

Started on the door panel:

Laid out the design after roughing in the height.

All shaped and ready to be fitted to the car.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Such an awesome build!!!

Any updates!?!?

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

cameron57

Reaction score
Car looks sweet. Are the door bars swing out? If not something to always think about. Cages get old on the street after climbing over them. That will be one sick falcon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Doodler

Reaction score
Such an awesome build!!!

Any updates!?!?

Not a ton. I just got the garage floor coated and bought a 4-post hoist. A lot of forced cleaning took up all of the time. Been doing body work. All the foam is messy and my wife thinks I look like a 6' yellow peep after I've been working with it, lol!

Car looks sweet. Are the door bars swing out? If not something to always think about. Cages get old on the street after climbing over them. That will be one sick falcon.

That was something that I was thinking about for awhile but decided to not do swing outs. It's actually really easy to get in and out. I may get sick of it like that though. We'll see.

Awesome work! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks!

Do you have to worry about the flammability of the foam?

I honestly didn't even think about it. But I wouldn't think it's any worse than impact foam in cars or seat cusions.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fire is no biggie!!! That's what a halon system is for!!!

Cause racecar.........lol

OP
OP
D

Doodler

Reaction score
Fire is no biggie!!! That's what a halon system is for!!!

Cause racecar.........lol

Halon system is in the plans regardless. Cheap insurance. Honestly not that worried. If the inside of the car gets so hot that the interior starts on fire, I have a lot bigger problem then what it's made of. lol!

OP
OP
D

Doodler

Reaction score
Started fiberglassing the panels that are done so far. The humidity from sitting in the garage warps foam pretty easily I've found. So I wanted to get moving on the ones that I have and then match the other side later.

Rear seat cover. I wanted to make sure that all of the pieces come out. So I made the rear in 3 pieces. This being the main.

OP
OP
D

Doodler

Reaction score
In order to have the rear piece secured in the back of the car, It'll have 2 pieces of wood fiberglassed on the side just big enough for 2 bolts on each side. Here it is with 1 side done.

OP
OP
D

Doodler

Reaction score
I want the door panels to look like a late model car. So I have it wrapping up and over the door frame edge. I laid in wax paper along the edge and pushed it down, making about a 1/2" valley. Then I taped the panel in place and glassed in the top.

OP
OP
D

Doodler

Reaction score
And word to the wise. If you are going to use fiberglass for anything, use paint trays. Even for little areas. I was working on a little section and tried to mix up a small batch in a solo cup. After a few minutes, I could feel something on my gloves.

The resin ate through the cup crazy quick. I don't know why it did it to the cup, and not to the plastic paint tray liner. But it did!

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
I always use the 1 quart mixing cups, makes mixing easy. Leave the brush in the leftovers to cure and it will pull all the hardened resin out later.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^ what he said!!!

Solo cups aren't meant to hold up to the heat and chemicals in the catalyst.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online