1994-2004 TMI Sport R500 Low Back Released

Slipperman

Reaction score
I've got an '04 GT convertible that I'd like to re-do the interior panels (door, etc.), but see they're not available.
Any plans to cover the new edge?

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Just FYI, you can find very clean interior pieces for SN95s/Edges still if you look. Also a lot harder to do the molded plastic stuff in the 94-up cars than the cardboard/vinyl panels that came in the fox.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've got an '04 GT convertible that I'd like to re-do the interior panels (door, etc.), but see they're not available.

This is a pretty cool idea. I kinda wanna wrap my door panels. Maybe in some carbon fiber or alcantara.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
This is a pretty cool idea. I kinda wanna wrap my door panels. Maybe in some carbon fiber or alcantara.

Redline sells a door kit to take the vinyl off the upper portion and recover it in whatever material you have them make the pattern too. Also can be done in multiple different colors and stitching.. I plan to use the kit.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Redline sells a door kit to take the vinyl off the upper portion and recover it in whatever material you have them make the pattern too. Also can be done in multiple different colors and stitching.. I plan to use the kit.

Link?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
We also have the Sport R model that we briefly showed back in March. The Sport R takes styling cues from the stock GT seat instead of taking cues from the GT500 - here is a set of those in a SN95 Vert:
(don't mind the small embroidered logo next to the Pony - that is a custom piece by the owner)
b905bc07-f22e-499f-bb04-83cb3dba5a17_zps3cef6554.jpg

94-98-Sport-R-Installed-JPEG_zps3778de70.jpg

Waylon I can't find these on the website so can you give a ballpark cost for us. I like these better than the R500 for my car and would want a similar look to these pictured, in leather with a tan stitch to tie in my 2 tone interior.

OP
OP
gate keeper

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Drop Top - as of right now American Muscle has an exclusive on the R500 seats and will exclusively have them on their site.
I need to check with AM to see if these Sport R's will also be up on their site next week.
If not - the only place to get them would be from us directly and as new as these seats are, it would have to be phone order.
I'll come back and let you know an update.

W

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
+1

I like the boots and the steering wheels though.

Yeah I need to order an E-brake boot, find a Cobra e-brake handle and order a new shifter boot since mine has a small hole in it. I would love to have a FR500 steering wheel one day but finding one new is a chore and even a used one is worth its weight in gold. Blah.

And I still like my OEM looking TMI stuff better than the new seats really. I really do wish they had the Cobra foams for the 94-98 seat frames back a year ago tho... I would have paid the extra for the fronts and then just deleted the back seat.

Additional whoring of my car for comparison's sake against the SN95 seats.

My bolsters bolster, the lumbar is great and one of the best features of the vinyl is that the interior has really taken on a classic muscle car smell. My father had a 1969 Camaro Z28 with a mint original black vinyl interior growing up and every time I get in my car the smell makes me think of going for rides in it when I was little. Smell is the most powerful memory sense or some such... so I hear.

edit: Also before I do the redline stuff I'm putting a 04 center console in and also I put the tri-ax handle back in. I was having a horrible time hitting gears with that big shifter lever although the reach was second to none. Ordered a steeda plate that moves the shifter handle back 2" without lengthening the shifts. Doesn't fit the Tri-Ax shifter because of 3/8" bolts but that's nothing a tap/die kit can't fix.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I am interested in comparing stories on the vinyl option compared to the leather. I am open to saving a few bucks & would like to hear how it (vinyl) is holding up & your opinions on it. I may still go leather but am curious...anyone ...TMI?

OP
OP
gate keeper

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I am interested in comparing stories on the vinyl option compared to the leather. I am open to saving a few bucks & would like to hear how it (vinyl) is holding up & your opinions on it. I may still go leather but am curious...anyone ...TMI?

Hey there - as a "salesmen" you'd expect me to come out of the gate and push the most expensive option, the leather - but I'm not going to do that.
I'd vote vinyl hands down and here's why.

Leather needs to be conditioned, if you ask me - monthly.
Vinyl? you could wipe off w/ windex or a water hose - the vinyl is going to be fine. (i wouldn't actually use either of those, i'm exaggerating to make a point :) - but it is so much easier to maintain)

EVEN when leather is originally in a mustang, it is ONLY the front facing area of the two front buckets seats. The bucket seats sides and back are vinyl as is the entire back seat. yup. go check.

Vinyl itself has come so far in the last decade, it's not the plastic, shiny, cheap stuff we saw in the 80's/90's. It's durable, heavy duty, and made to look just as rich and supple as leather.

Even if it were my own car - I still wouldn't want the hassle of leather when it doubles the price - just my honest opinion.

Mustanger

Reaction score
thanks! that is what I was thinking after I saw a 65 vert with new Pony interior in Vinyl! Looked amazing.Although I usually go over my interior weekly...hehe a labor of love.

OP
OP
gate keeper

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
thanks! that is what I was thinking after I saw a 65 vert with new Pony interior in Vinyl! Looked amazing.Although I usually go over my interior weekly...hehe a labor of love.

I kick my feet together before I enter my ride to make sure I don't dirty up the carpet - I'm right there with ya!

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score

That stuff I posted above is 100% vinyl and I would not have it any other way. Nobody believes me when I tell them its vinyl either. EASILY the better choice. No conditioning needed, no cracking or wrinkle lines, it is 100% non absorbent so no sweat soaking into it or if god forbid anything is spilled it just wipes up.

Hey there - as a "salesmen" you'd expect me to come out of the gate and push the most expensive option, the leather - but I'm not going to do that.
I'd vote vinyl hands down and here's why.

Leather needs to be conditioned, if you ask me - monthly.
Vinyl? you could wipe off w/ windex or a water hose - the vinyl is going to be fine. (i wouldn't actually use either of those, i'm exaggerating to make a point :) - but it is so much easier to maintain)

EVEN when leather is originally in a mustang, it is ONLY the front facing area of the two front buckets seats. The bucket seats sides and back are vinyl as is the entire back seat. yup. go check.

Vinyl itself has come so far in the last decade, it's not the plastic, shiny, cheap stuff we saw in the 80's/90's. It's durable, heavy duty, and made to look just as rich and supple as leather.

Even if it were my own car - I still wouldn't want the hassle of leather when it doubles the price - just my honest opinion.

Agreed x1000% with everything you just said. My vinyl is soft, comfortable and looks the same as it did when it was installed it. Actually better since the wrinkles work themselves out about 2-4 weeks after install. This is not Grandpa's vinyl.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
$1k for that hmmm... For $640 you get the entire TMI stock appearance kit including the rear seat and that's if you get the new foams too. For a 99-04 car that has foams in good shape its $379... Not sure how many of these are going to sell even though they do look good. Espeically with ready to go Corbeaus for the same price including the tracks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online