1995 Mustang Roush Stage 3

proudgeek

Reaction score
This is 1995 Roush Stage 3 #11 of 18. Her engine build was actually done by Larry Webster (formerly of Car and Driver and Road and Track) as part of a Car and Driver article back in 1997. She has documentatation showing that Roush owned the vehicle at that time so that makes her somewhat of a media car. She currently has 17,93x miles and, with the exception of the Roush body kit and carbon fiber cowl hood, wears all original paint.

The build included the following parts as per Roush documentation:
- Roush body styling package
- Roush accessory package
- Roush badging package
- 18" Roush wheel and tire package
- Roush suspension package w/ Koni adjustables
- Roush 5.0 liter induction system
- Roush ported aluminum GT40 cylinder heads

She has some post Roush build modifications including MM caster/camber plates, 13" Wilwood 6 piston big brake kit, and Steeda 5 link rear suspension. This, in addition to her missing the center caps, means that she was no beauty queen and was intended to be a track toy.

This is #11 arriving in Miami a couple of weeks ago:

28398525127_4476cd16eb_b.jpg

OP
OP
P

proudgeek

Reaction score
My goal for the day was to remove the front wheels, inspect systems, clean and check the CCRM wiring. I accomplished all but the last task as it is hot as heck and my son had a basketball championship lunch. I'll look into the wiring tomorrow. Oh, I also installed new fog light bulbs :) I just ordered the trunk stop spring stops as mine disintegrated. I also need to order new brake pads.

I pulled the front wheels, pulled all the weights and removed the tape, clayed, and polished them with Meguiars 105. I waxed them for the time being. My 3" backing plate disintegrated when finishing the second wheel so I have to order another one. I guess the humidity over the years messed it up as I keep them in the garage. I'll be moving them inside from now on. My original intent was to leave the wheels as they are, with scratches and stuff, for originality but they should really look better than this. I want to powdercoat them. I need to see if any of the other wheels I have will clear the wilwoods.

42506133995_81253d5d3e_z.jpg

Here is the original toolbox. ( The red car is my 1995 vibrant red vert project. This was the lowest production color of that year. Will be selling it soon in case anyone is interested. It needs work)
43410074141_d97e4327d0_z.jpg

Cleaning process
28540648197_eb2f3fafb3_z.jpg

The electronic corrosion control device I pulled yesterday ;)
43362259132_db4deab831_z.jpg

OP
OP
P

proudgeek

Reaction score
These photos are from when I went to Ohio to complete the purchase. The engine bay is almost completely detailed already.

43362761602_7dd7a962cf_z.jpg

42506593645_5fd4ca94c8_z.jpg

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Car is totally cool! Id drive it....or not. Hmmm the decision to drive it....

OP
OP
P

proudgeek

Reaction score
Thanks. Me too.

I'm pretty tired from yesterday. It is hot as heck... Not sure how much I'll accomplish today. Wish I was 25 again.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
how is the roush logo on the intake made? The only think I could think of adding/changing under the hood would be to paint around the letters of the logo. It just needs to pop more and as it is it just seems like its missing something.

OP
OP
P

proudgeek

Reaction score
Looks clean!

Thanks. Only some minor details pending on the engine bay...

how is the roush logo on the intake made? The only think I could think of adding/changing under the hood would be to paint around the letters of the logo. It just needs to pop more and as it is it just seems like its missing something.

It is part of the cast. I have seen some fully polished (which I dont like) and powdercoated (looks much better). In the spirit of originality, I'll try some flitz on the lettering and the outline to put some shine in there once I get all the other priority 1 items completed.

The remaining tires come in tomorrow. I need to fit (and mount) a spare wheel set this week so that I can drop these wheels for powdercoating by the weekend.

OP
OP
P

proudgeek

Reaction score
So i have one new front and one new rear tire. FML. I tried a new website for a great deal and it has been a headache...

A few updates:

I ordered a service manual and wiring manual from Ebay. I want to do this car right. I ended up paying a little more that I really wanted but much less than the rest of the ones listed.

Began swapping wheels today after work so that I can have the factory ones refinished before mounting the tires (assuming they will get here at some point). My spare set of 17x9 black bullitt wheels clears the wilwood 13" big brake kit. Score! So if your wheels clear the 2k R brembos, they will clear these. The car looks ugly as hell with these wheels though.

While swapping wheels, I went to remove the fender liner to check the CCRM and the wiring. I turns out that two screws are actually covered by the body kit. So, the CCRM now turned into a weekend project.

Lastly, I'm calling the PDR guy tomorrow to see if he can do the car Friday. Fingers crossed.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you are sorting it out! And sorry to hear about the woes with the tire co.

OP
OP
P

proudgeek

Reaction score
Thanks. I was finally able to discuss with the tire company and we sorted everything out. I should receive all tires by Monday. The PDR will have to wait until next week as well. I'm not going to stress anymore :) Need to let this take its course.

I also found a set of 1st gen Roush wheels online but they have some minor damage. I'll be talking to my wheel guy today to make sure they can be fixed.

PinkieT

Reaction score
Thanks. Me too.

I'm pretty tired from yesterday. It is hot as heck... Not sure how much I'll accomplish today. Wish I was 25 again.

If you were 25, you probably couldn't afford this nice a car!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online