1995 Mustang Roush Stage 3

OP
OP
P

proudgeek

Reaction score
damn nice car!

Thanks!

I ordered some 3M VHB tape for the body kit once I finish the CCRM troubleshooting. I also received the service and wiring manuals yesterday. Pretty darn cool. Let me know if you need any info.

My son has a basketball tournament this weekend so I wont accomplish much. I hope I can at least drop off the wheels for refinishing and tire mounting...

OP
OP
P

proudgeek

Reaction score
PDR came out great! Very happy with that. Wheel powdercoating and tire mounting were supposed to be done today but they are delayed until tomorrow. All new brake pads and brake fluid on the way.

Paint correction and touchup is next as well as the CCRM. We're going out of town for the weekend before school starts so no progress expected until the following weekend.

I'll post photos after the paint correction.

OP
OP
P

proudgeek

Reaction score
I did basic paint correction this past weekend. The bumpers still need a little more work. Not much more progress anywhere else.

The Steeda was invited yesterday to a Ford Mustang shooting because they were missing an SN95 and they wanted all generations present. Although they wanted the Cobra, I took the Roush instead :) Bold but it is what it is. At the end, it was one of the best car days of my life.

A quick shot I was able to squeeze in:

42399605820_5d802e1d23_z.jpg

We also did a drivealong at the end of the day with these and a new red GT350:

44187314501_c105ecb730_z.jpg

That nose you see on the left is a 68 GT500KR vert:

43289704625_128635eae2_z.jpg

43289704105_3b096c5928_z.jpg

OP
OP
P

proudgeek

Reaction score
That is very cool.

That's awesome! Looks like it should have been a little Hotwheels!

Yea. There is hardly any SN love with HotWheels so this one is definitely one of their best lol

a steeda and a roush, man jealousy is an ugly thing but I can't help it... :icon_salut:

lol Don't be. I'm at a point in my life where I can get away with it. Always at your service in South Florida.

OP
OP
P

proudgeek

Reaction score
So I finally had some time this weekend to work on the Roush. Here is the progress so far:

- Fixed the hanging shifter boot as the tabs were broken
- Changed the fuel filter
- Flushed the brake fluid
- Changed the front brake pads
- Replaced the fog light bulbs
- The speedometer was off so I checked the gear ratio. Looks like it has 3.55s. Need to order a 23 tooth speedometer gear by end of day.
- Began cleaning the undercarriage. This will take a while but it's a must since I already have it on jack stands.

I was thinking about removing the body kit but I'm going to pass. Will leave the body kit as is. Once I replace the speedometer gear and finish the detailing, I'll put the car back on the ground and look into the A/C issue.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if your concerned about rust under the body from what I found on mine it was not bad at all. Points to take a look at was under the charcoal cannister inside the passenger fender. I was surprised how much rust was under/around the bracket to mount it.

OP
OP
P

proudgeek

Reaction score
if your concerned about rust under the body from what I found on mine it was not bad at all. Points to take a look at was under the charcoal cannister inside the passenger fender. I was surprised how much rust was under/around the bracket to mount it.

I removed the passenger liner and it's just a little dirty in there. Underneath, the car has some surface rust on non body parts. The unibody itself is great. Remember that this thing just went over 18k miles.

I am not going to worry about the surface rust but I want to leave everything else pretty. The car won't see rain again at least while it's still with me.

OP
OP
P

proudgeek

Reaction score
It's been a few weeks. She is still on jack stands. I have about 75% of the undercarriage done. I may try oven cleaner this weekend for some tough grime that doesn't want to come off. Other than that, I am pretty much done with the cleanup.

I also received some good news today. I received confirmation for showing the Roush at the Ford Ecoboost 400 in Homestead next month. Mr Jack Roush is scheduled to be one of the celebrity judges so looks like #11 will be signed by him next month. Fingers crossed :)

Oh, I also got a Marti report but nothing really special about that. Just wanted to have that document with everything else.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have never cleaned up the under side of a car much, but I am not as serious as you haha. Hopefully Jack signs it! He's great about doing that stuff for people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online