1996 3.8 base model help needed !!!

Forsakendreamerz

Reaction score
So one day I was heading to get my friend I was on the freeway pushing like 80 and my car slowly started losing speed I hit the throttle it’ll rev try and pick up speed but eventually jus die I slap it in neutral turn the switch it’ll start right back up but die again after idling a little to almost immediately after it fire. The engine would shake too while it was dying. It didn’t overheat tho it jus stalled out I feel. I got it home replaced the fuel filter now it runs jus feel weird to me throttle feel stiffer it still makes heat and air it jus don’t feel like it felt before it died.

shovel

Reaction score
It's a mechanical throttle linkage, that wouldn't become stiffer based on a running fault. The car is OBD2 - use Forscan with an OBD2 dongle to run the KOEO/KOER tests.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
+1 with Shovel. Wholesale replacement may be in order, which would probably be less involved than all the iterations you’d go through with the aforementioned. But your call ultimately.

Long shot on other (remote) possibilities: clutch, throw-out bearing, alternator, distributor/timing… blah blah blah!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online