1999 Roush Stage 2

97JF

Reaction score
Hi guys, may be going to view a 1999 Roush Stage 2, please could anyone tell me how to tell it's a genuine Roush Stage 2 rather than just a regular GT with a bodykit? Can you tell by the vin etc? Also how much more is a Stage 2 worth over a regular 99 GT assuming same condition etc? Thanks

MadStang

Reaction score
Only way to tell is if it has the door jamb sticker withe build # on it. Itll be on the passenger side. You cannot tell by vin #. price is relative to mileage and condition. I paid $10,000 even for mine in mint condition with 60k miles...

LilRoush

Reaction score
Right now they seem to be going for $10-$14K depending on condition and options. Roush didn't start tracking VINs until 2001. Prior to that some where built on site at Roush in MI, some where done at Roush autherized dealerships through out the country. All got the door jam serial number sticker.

The Stage 2 is not just the aero package and exhaust, but the suspension as well. The basic package was Roush specific Bilstein shocks/struts, Roush springs, sway bars and control arms.

There were lots of options for the S2 as well. Many of them also opted for the brake package as well. 13" at all four corners. The calipers are the same as the Cobra units from PBR, rotors are Baer slotted/cross drilled, and SS lines. There was a Roush composite cold air intake option many got as well.
S2 cars also had the interior option: Roush specific leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim, shifter options, floor mats etc...

MadStang

Reaction score
97JF said:
Was that cheap?

It was on the low side. He was asking $13,500 but no one was biting, saw the price keep dropping on craigslist and snagged it at $10k

OP
OP

97JF

Reaction score
This is the one i'm hoping to go and look at, hoping to get better pics later, another thing does it say on the sticker in the door jam if it's a Stage 2? Because I want to make sure i'm not getting a stage 1 if you know what I mean

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2881740.htm

MadStang

Reaction score
97JF said:
This is the one i'm hoping to go and look at, hoping to get better pics later, another thing does it say on the sticker in the door jam if it's a Stage 2? Because I want to make sure i'm not getting a stage 1 if you know what I mean

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2881740.htm

It would take a LOT of work for it to be upgraded from a 1 to 2. Regardless, there's a dash plaque that will state what stage it is but those can be added.... It's really a tough call on the 99-00's to figure out if it's real, because it is very easy to copy the door sticker IMO, as well as buy a new dash plaque.

OP
OP

97JF

Reaction score
A couple of pics

Roush.jpg

Roush2.jpg

robb15033

Reaction score
Beautiful car. It's pretty hard to believe its only got 10,000 miles on it, if I read the description right. A very low mileage Stage II would be awesome. I hope you get it!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A Roush overseas has got to be pretty rare! Looks pretty nice. Wish it had the full Roush front bumper though.

Nacho98

Reaction score
Nice car, if the plastic body kits are your thing. Looks to be in beautiful shape, let us know how it works out.

SN-95.0Beast

Reaction score
duh09 said:
A Roush overseas has got to be pretty rare! Looks pretty nice. Wish it had the full Roush front bumper though.

that is the roush bumper, for the earlier years of the new edges

MadStang

Reaction score
SN-95.0Beast said:
duh09 said:

No. That's the Stage 2 front for all years (99-04).Its a stock GT bumper with the Roush lower valance added onto it.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
SN-95.0Beast said:
duh09 said:

I meant I wish it had the full bumper that Roush had. I'm not sure how they're split up, but the full front bumper. Not the add-on pieces on the stock one. It might have been a Stage 3 only thing, I dunno

MadStang

Reaction score
duh09 said:
SN-95.0Beast said:
duh09 said:

I meant I wish it had the full bumper that Roush had. I'm not sure how they're split up, but the full front bumper. Not the add-on pieces on the stock one. It might have been a Stage 3 only thing, I dunno

Correct. The bumper on my car is a Stage 3 front. No stage 2's got it as factory equip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_sn95

Members online