1999 V6 Where to install bung for AFR guage

Manxmann

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Looking for a little bit of guidance, so a bit of background I've ordered a Pro Charger kit for my 99 V6 :D

To keep an eye of things I've also got hold of a AFR gauge that comes with its own wide band sensor.

So my question, my car has a Magnaflow cat back fitted but other than that the headers/cats are 100% standard given this where is the best place to install the bung for the AFR sensor?

Cheers

Simon

lutter94

Reaction score
You have a single O2 sensor? Also, are you running duals, or do you have a y pipe. I think ideal would be after the Y-pipe, before any catalytic converters.....

OP
OP
M

Manxmann

Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for the reply, car has the standard 4x cats + 4x CO2 sensors, two in each branch from the engine. This then joins into a single pipe and it is at this point that the Magnaflow connects splits into two and gives the twin rears so more of an X after the cats.

I have a single CO2 sensor that I want to add to drive the new AFR meter, I understand it needs to go before the cats but I'm not 100% the best place to try and install.

For example will the downpipe need to be separated from the header in order to install or will there be enough room from underneath?

Cheers

Simon