2004 SY Mach Juan "Yellow Slut"

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Well, my brother and I purchased a 2004 Screaming Yellow Mach 1, 5 speed. 45k miles. All stock. We have the following planned, drop, new tint and black vinyl over the rear dot matrix, bassani catted X and a borla stinger catback. The car needs nothing, its mint.. Soon we'll unhook the factory catback and run the open stock H for awhile to have some fun. Shorty antenna and a nice cover are coming soon. Probably going to paint the calipers too. Smoked headlights, tint the 3rd brake light . Overall we both love the car, it's a fine piece of machinery. Its pretty fast, pulls hard in every single gear. I love everything about it, especially the easy clutch and tranny. Chirps 2nd and 3rd with ease.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Plan on the driver seat bolster getting extremely worn if it isn't already, protect and condition it religiously!! I need to get a new video of my mach with exhaust (borla stingers, o/r x pipe) now the mufflers have actually broken in.. other then that there isn't really anything to much to worry about with these cars.. I know someone has mentioned the head cooling mod, which is a valid point, but not really needed unless running significantly more power. I see a lot of faded yellow machs out there so wax and protect!! you can get a owners certificate from Ford here.. http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_...31605&store_id=1&dept_id=1137&product_id=6958 . I was able to resale my original mach suspension for $200 to recoup money spent on dropping it... Rims? Dont do anything overplayed pleaseeeeeee.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Also, if you have the window sticker, see if it has the "interior upgrade package". I believe that and the mach 1000 were the only options available for the 04 mach..

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah the drivers side seat bolster is slightly worn. I'll have to condition the whole interior soon. Rims are staying as is for awhile, tires are new. It gets covered every day so I don't have to worry about the sun. I'll detail the whole thing in a week or so. Head cooling mod won't be necessary like you said, this car will stay relatively stock. I don't have the window sticker, I'll be ordering that certificate though for sure. You only had the stingers with the offroad x, ever catted x and borla? We want to stay catted

Firefighter181

Reaction score
It would be hard to loose in a parking lot that's for sure. Very nice car! I have always liked the look of the shaker hood on those cars. I wish I could find something like the old CDC hood kit they made for the SN95. Tough kit to find, anyway again nice ride!

Sinned83

Reaction score
Look at the Bassani mid pipe. They make a modular one easy to switch back and fourth between cats and O/R. Also cooling head mod is very smart. It has nothing to do with what kind of power you make. The C heads have been known to not get enough coolant to the 4 and 8 cylinders the mod addresses the issues.

lutter94

Reaction score
It would be hard to loose in a parking lot that's for sure. Very nice car! I have always liked the look of the shaker hood on those cars. I wish I could find something like the old CDC hood kit they made for the SN95. Tough kit to find, anyway again nice ride!

CDC never made one for the 94/95 guys. Had my car since 2002, always thought the kit would be way cool, but they didn't do one for us. They had fox bodies, and 4.6's. But not the red headed stepchild, lol.

edit, maybe not foxes, i can't remember. But def not ours, lol.

Firefighter181

Reaction score
OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Impulse buy. Smoked headlights on sale. Fit perfectly and look amazing. So ****ing easy to swap compared to 94-98s

chris91

Reaction score
Hope you don't plan on driving it at night. I had the same ones when I bought mine and couldn't see 15 feet in front of the car. Had normal halogens, silverstars, and finally 55w 6k HID's. Nothing helped.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Hope you don't plan on driving it at night. I had the same ones when I bought mine and couldn't see 15 feet in front of the car. Had normal halogens, silverstars, and finally 55w 6k HID's. Nothing helped.

I actually drove home last night and it was dark, I had no issues seeing at all. I was expecting shitty light output, I was driving and said oh shit these actually light up somewhat decently lol.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
e1e89ac2e28b1e3473379c6c4d8ae91d.jpg

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Been doing a ton of research on exhaust.. Decided on an SSS Terminator Catback paired with a Pypes Catted X

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
can't fn believe you have 2 clean ass mustangs lol. love those headlights!

Sinned83

Reaction score
Any bullet style mufflers will be ok. It's the chambered ones that make all that drone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online