2004 WRX Build Thread

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I bought some JDM stuff a few days ago and received it today. Extra JDM points for stancenation license plate frame, and about 10WHP gain from the lanyard.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I forgot to mention the stancenation license plate frame reduces my wheelgap by 15% too. That's why it seems so low

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lol. oh no..... uncle ben has gotten to you!!!!

on a serious note, we should sell license plate frames.... someone should inform the administration...

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Well, I finally sold my BMW this weekend, which left me with no car legally registered and in my name. After driving on a dealer tag for almost a year, I finally have a DD with insurance and a legal tag on it. Also now that this is my only daily driver, I decided to finally start doing some upgrades. I ordered BC rear camber plates and some misc trim pieces that were missing last night. I plan to order STI splitters and a nice double din radio this week as well. Then I will camber the rear some more and hopefully tuck over half of the tire for my DD stance, and maybe even sit on rim for a little while.

SnakeMedic

Reaction score
Several pages back I noticed you cleaned up the brakes. My Cobra looks similarly shitty. What exactly did you do? Wire brush and then paint them as they were on the car??

I NEED TO KNOW!!!

Car looks great, BTW. I had a bugeye years ago and it was fun. Obviously not stock though. Like a stock Mustang, a stock WRX just is pointless!

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I just painted right over the rust. They're starting to rust back through though. I'm going to sand them down and do them right this time. I'd start with a wire brush, then sand with 150 or so grit, then paint.

SnakeMedic

Reaction score
I just painted right over the rust. They're starting to rust back through though. I'm going to sand them down and do them right this time. I'd start with a wire brush, then sand with 150 or so grit, then paint.

Excellent. Did you paint with them on the car as well?

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I got my camber plates.

I have a few days off from school, so I'm going to get the car looking good again on my time off. It's been forever since I've given it a proper cleaning.

Washing it in the rain FTW

Then I pulled it inside and started by cleaning the fart can off. Best $200 ever spent. Also you can see that the bumper is discolored around the top of the pipe. I guess that's what happens when you shoot flames every day.

All better.

The brakes were starting to rust again.

A little bit of paint and they look great again.

I also cleaned the insides of the wheels.

This one was the worst. I've got a busted CV boot on the left front and it's been slinging since I got the car.

All clean.

The new ride height.

Then I put on my ebay neochrome shift knob.

See the ziptie? I figured out the solution to a saggy shift boot. A ziptie will hold the boot up fine.

Then I moved on to the interior. It hasn't been cleaned in about 6 months. It didn't look too bad considering how much time I spend in it.

Where I left it. I've got a lot more left to do.

TanTop94

Reaction score
If you were to sell this car...how much would you look to get for it?

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
If you were to sell this car...how much would you look to get for it?
I'm not really sure. I was offered $11500 for it yesterday and I really didn't even think about taking it even though that's about what it's worth.

TanTop94

Reaction score
I'm not really sure. I was offered $11500 for it yesterday and I really didn't even think about taking it even though that's about what it's worth.

Well hold onto it and let my girlfriend buy it haha :laughing5:

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I got the car all done today and got it back on the road.

I started out by wetsanding and polishing my headlights again.

Before

After sanding with 2000 grit

And after a little polishing.

I got my little side molding today too.

And I finally remembered to clean inside the glass lid. I've never cleaned it since I bought the car. Before

After

Then I took it for a nice little drive. I pushed the car through the turns and it doesn't rub hardly at all. That means I'm going to go lower. I love this car so much!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sedans?!? Hatches are where its at. I also like these and bug eyes. I just cant justify the cost for how much km/age.... Minus well buy new or rhd.

Car looks great! I can't imagine any lower. Looks perfect to me.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lookin good.

If you're really going to keep it for a while, you should consider a voltex or varis rear diffuser. That would be sick :headbang: