2v quest for power

Nighttrain

Reaction score
me neither, it's been pretty awesome going through different things with my wife. And she still supports my car habits. In fact I feel her car will be pushed to get finished pretty soon. Now that we have a kid she is talking about an old wagon or Lincoln to use as a cruiser.

Lol if i could only write our story dude. Ive had so many cars its not even funny....not counting the toys, just the ones we had to get for more room(4 kids) ive had 11! Plus all my "toys" as my wife calls them another 15-20! But boy was it fun!

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
thanks, going to try and get it finished up today. But may have a few odd parts I don't have.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
fired right up first try. pretty cool to watch the thing start to tuned itself in. I need to learn a little more about it to tune in the fine details. but off to a good start. hopefully get some driving miles on it this weekend.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Very cool to see new school FI on a Mod motor. Please post more pics of the finished product.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
thanks guys. will do, I'm going to get everything cleaned up and put back together today.

But waiting on new fuel pumps, the ones I borrowed from a buddy and they ended up going out on my. They are only making like 15psi.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
Took it for a spin for the first time. Over all pretty smooth, but had a few glips. Didn't get it into boost and seems like it is still learning. Hoping to have some miles on it this week and figure out how to hook up the laptop software to it.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
thanks, me too. driving is pretty smooth. The idle needs a little bit of help. But I'm still learning about it as well.

Seems to dial in the afr targets pretty quickly.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't arguing about what you do with "your" car. I was just simply making a statement. Just as I'll say that you payed 500 for a ls but I payed much less for my 351w truck motor that can do exactly what your doing.

Again, this isn't an argument. This is just discussion that points out 2 people's different opinions and taste. I'm more of a purest and have never understood the want of doing a bow tie swap. I understand ls's are cheap but by the time you buy/fabricate all to make it fit there really isn't any savings. Again tho, this is just discussion and in no way am I telling you how or what to do with your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
We was having a discussion in his sale thread and he asked to take it to his build thread.

Try and stay up man!!! Lol

Yup, I'm slippin. I didn't even see the sale thread.

I'm really bummed to see that you lost the motor [MENTION=19019]punched281[/MENTION]. You've been the hell with this thing. I wish it was staying Ford powered but like you said, it's your car so it has to make you happy.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
I didn't mean to make it sound negative, I meant what you're saying also.

I don't know any stock truck 351w blocks in the 1000s, nor are they topped with aluminum heads. typically the limit with the are 600s. I would be fabricating and changing just as much to put a 351 in there too. And I would be looking at a dart block most likely, which is muchmore expensive than an ls.

I get it, I get the purist thing. I've got my eye on my buddies termi, and no way would I put a ls in there.

but at the same time my driveway is filled with 2 mustangs, a Ford focus, suburban and a g8 gt. Don't really care about the brand for the most part. except lesbarus, can't be having that anywhere near my garage.

lots of people didn't understand the whole carb and blow thru carb idea on my car... I'm just goofy like that I guess.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy of mine is making over 750 at the rear wheels on a 96 truck block. He's ran it hard for several years. There's a couple guys running early 70's 351w truck blocks who make around 1k at the motor. Windsor tall decks are some of the strongest blocks Ford ever made.

To each their own. I guess my problem is you can't say a Ford Mustang put the smack down on a Chevy camaro honestly when the mustang is Chevy powered!!! Lol

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
I disagree, the teksid and now coyote blocks are the strongest ford made.

yes I will not be able to say that but I don't care about that. I will still get to say that the car I built beat xyz car.

At any rate, the goal is low 9s and still be able to drive the car around town.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't say they are the strongest, I said some of the strongest.

I'll have my car done hopefully in time for nmra finals in October 2018. Try and have yours done by then and we can have a friendly run opinions the proper way!!! These are the kind of differences that always make for the funnest get togethers.

One of the funnest friendly rivalries I ever knew was between my best friend from hs and a guy that lived in Bloomington, in. The guy in bloomington was die hard Ford but loved late 80's/earlier 90's s10 looks. He built a 91 s10 with a 351w and a built ford auto with a big beefy 9". My best friend was the opposite, die hard Chevy but loved mid 80's rangers. We built an 85 ranger standard cab short bed with a 383 stroker. The ranger was classic corvette white with the tailgate airbrushed "built ford tough with Chevy stuff".

As much as one didn't like the others choice in swaps we always had a blast at local meets and playing around when we met up.