2v timing help

Slugger25

Reaction score
doing the pi swap and I got a few questions. Be easy this is my first mod motor. before taking a timing chains off I set to TDC and mark the chains on the timing marks on the cam gears. I replaced the heads re-aligned the marks and rotated the the crank. there is no binding or anything but should the marked links line back up with the cam timing marks? I reset to TDC and everything looks to be right according to the diagram below but my painted links are not on the timing marks on the sprockets. Also my tensioners seem to not be working properly is this because the oil flushed out from compressing them?

med_timing-diagram.gif

OP
OP
S

Slugger25

Reaction score
This is from the write up, where are these located?

"Move oil plugs from the front and back of your Non-pi heads to your PI heads".

1Sic98gt

Reaction score
yeah thats right the tensioners arent gonna hold tight due to lack of oil pressure. once pressure put to them they will work right again.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
as long as your cams are correct and the block is correct your fine, it doesnt matter, all this means is you put the chains on in a different spot.

OP
OP
S

Slugger25

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
as long as your cams are correct and the block is correct your fine, it doesnt matter, all this means is you put the chains on in a different spot.

So if I line up like the diagram it is in time, correct? Also what about the oil plugs, it looks like there is no place to put any plugs in the front and back of the heads.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
After your initial lining up of the marks and subsequent rotation of the crank to check for PTV the marks would not realign for something like 80-90 rotations of the crank so don't be alarmed.

OP
OP
S

Slugger25

Reaction score
so the timing chain tensioners will pressurize as soon as the motor starts? and if there are no holes in the front and rear of the heads i am good as far as the plugs goes?

1Sic98gt

Reaction score
yes. you have allen head bolts in the back of the heads. they have some kinda thread locker on them. if you dont have little aleen plugs in the back of the heads its gonna puke oil everywhere. but yes when you start it up the tensioners will prime. may make slight noise for a sec but will be ok.

OP
OP
S

Slugger25

Reaction score
thanks guys for the help I think all the swap questions are answered now. will let u know when I fire it up.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
After your initial lining up of the marks and subsequent rotation of the crank to check for PTV the marks would not realign for something like 80-90 rotations of the crank so don't be alarmed.

That's right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online

No members online now.