2v to a 3v

98sixshooter

Reaction score
I was wondering would in be hard to change your 2v heads to the 3v heads? Also has anyone seen a sn95 with a 4.6 3v in it?

OP
OP

98sixshooter

Reaction score
True because i was reading a a 5.0 magazine and they had a article about changing heads on 4.6 they said all the head are same like they will fit on any 4.6 block so i was just seeing if that was even a good idea.

MadStang

Reaction score
98sixshooter said:
True because i was reading a a 5.0 magazine and they had a article about changing heads on 4.6 they said all the head are same like they will fit on any 4.6 block so i was just seeing if that was even a good idea.

It'd be cheaper to throw a set of 4v heads on it. Or you could go cheaper and just Max out the power of the 2v N/A

SUBPLANAR

Reaction score
I've heard that it's a bad idea. It lowers compression and decreases performance. Or so I hear.

GrnGt

Reaction score
well for one 3v are drive by wire, which means you have to use a 3v ecu and wiring harness

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
stock for stock 3v is 289 hp out of the box. whatever the cost of the fly by wire setup. but i will say they respond to bolt ons better then 2v.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
Vermilion said:
stock for stock 3v is 289 hp out of the box. whatever the cost of the fly by wire setup. but i will say they respond to bolt ons better then 2v.

they do, but if you factor in the loss of compression when switching from a 2v to a 4v, you lose that advantage as anything with low compression doesnt respond to good to anything other than a blower or turbo.

oh, and for what its worth, by the looks of it, a cobra throttle body looks to bolt right onto the 3v intake manifold. you would have to figure out something with the IAC valve, but it looks like the throttle bodies should swap.

and if you dont want to buy the 3v harness and ECU, you could always lock out the cam phasers, which almost defeats the purpose of the 3v benefits.

OP
OP

98sixshooter

Reaction score
Just sounds like its a lot of trouble. I was just thinking in class one day and thought it couldn't hurt to ask yall. Thanks for the info guys !

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
As much as I hate this and I would wouldnt consider a 3v a good paper weight, frpp just released the FR500 Throttle body which converts it to Cable not DBW.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
ill stick to simple slow 2v. for me, no sense in dumping more money into anything else to get moving. my 2v will move as fast or as strong as i want it to. T-trim is worth something in this equation.

whty98

Reaction score
It's not difficult to make a 3v work. Cobra throttle body + cable, adjustable cam gears or lock outs, exhaust adapter plates, make an intake, use your existing 2v harness and computer and that should be all the "hard" things. It's beneficial if you look at the aspect of losing the iron block weight, if you do a full 3v swap.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not worth it, you might aswell do HCI on your 2v and put down the same HP for less monies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online