2v Trick Flow Valve covers

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Anybody running them? I just recently picked up a pair and am in the process of setting up my catch can as well. Has anybody removed the passenger valve cover internal baffle? It seems like this thing may even be riveted in, but I need to remove it for access to putting in an AN bung for the fittings. Any info is appreciated!

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey stanger, last time we were talking about the valve covers I was telling you about how I wanted to weld in a fitting in the passenger side cover so I could plumb my catch can. I finally got around to it in the fall. I bought a weld fitting from Summit and took it to work and had my boss TIG it on. I also bought the upgraded larger baffles for the valve covers and had him weld them in as well. Here are a couple pics:

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Hey stanger, last time we were talking about the valve covers I was telling you about how I wanted to weld in a fitting in the passenger side cover so I could plumb my catch can. I finally got around to it in the fall. I bought a weld fitting from Summit and took it to work and had my boss TIG it on. I also bought the upgraded larger baffles for the valve covers and had him weld them in as well. Here are a couple pics:

That looks great man! I had previously bought one of those Jegs vacuum non weld fittings:

The plan was to avoid having to weld over the brand new black TF cover and use that on the non-threaded passenger side. I got the TF covers and they already have the large baffles installed and it seems like they are riveted in. Did you ever remove you internal baffles? I didn't want to go too hard trying to remove them and damage some sort of internal casting to the cover

Wichers123

Reaction score
Why not just throw the fitting in the front fill hole and put the cap in the center baffled hole. I'm gonna be doing the same thing. Can you give me the link to the baffle fitting?

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never messed with the baffles in mine. When I got my new baffles the instructions said to just put them over the original ones, so that's what I did. They said not to mess with the rivets to avoid damaging the covers...

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I never messed with the baffles in mine. When I got my new baffles the instructions said to just put them over the original ones, so that's what I did. They said not to mess with the rivets to avoid damaging the covers...

ahhh got ya, didn't realize the larger baffles were just placed over the small existing ones. I emailed TF and got a response that the baffles are just bolted in, so I should be able to remove them without issues. I gave a lot of muscle into these things, but I'll give it another shot and post up progress pics as I go along.

mineralgreygt

Reaction score
I just have mine running off the pcv valve to the can, one thing that kind of sucks it because im supercharged when in boost the pressure build up the engine is big that im seeing oil mist pushing out from where the oil fill caps are, its basically a rubber grommet and an aluminum plug, not trying to thread jack OP but anyone else experiencing this? if so what did you do to fix it?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I just have mine running off the pcv valve to the can, one thing that kind of sucks it because im supercharged when in boost the pressure build up the engine is big that im seeing oil mist pushing out from where the oil fill caps are, its basically a rubber grommet and an aluminum plug, not trying to thread jack OP but anyone else experiencing this? if so what did you do to fix it?

That's the reason we are all trying to go threaded on the passenger side connection, because I've read many guys having oil leak issues with just the rubber grommet especially if the car has F/I. You can get a bung welded on as 03DSGGT posted up, or you can get the vacuum bolt in grommet that I posted up for secure AN connections to the can.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a bung welded onto my valve covers recently. The fitting I got didn't require anything to be done to the bottom.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Do they make a bung for oil caps? That's where I'm getting a majority of oil mist

I prsonally dont like the TFS Valve Covers, so my orig plan for a catch can was going to be 2 oil fill cap valve covers and run a fitting through the cap...

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I'll have my Team Breed's for sale once I swap to TF. I know someone on here wants these bad boys!

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Got a minute to play around with the covers and vented fitting, it definitely should work awesome. So anybody who has these covers and wants to run AN fittings without welding/repainting brand new valve covers, look into the link I posted above for the bolt in threaded fitting which fits once the baffles are removed perfectly. The baffles than fit back overtop with no issues:

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good man, that's some precision drilling and tapping of the covers where the rivets were...lol

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
They are actually screwed in. I got in contact with TF, and the tech there verified that the older molder TF's used to be riveted in, so it's perfectly fine to use some power to remove them. I just read online that they were riveted so was nervous to ruin a brand new set of covers, but it seems like TF got rid of that when they switched to the larger baffles.

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are actually screwed in. I got in contact with TF, and the tech there verified that the older molder TF's used to be riveted in, so it's perfectly fine to use some power to remove them. I just read online that they were riveted so was nervous to ruin a brand new set of covers, but it seems like TF got rid of that when they switched to the larger baffles.

Ah I gotcha, well that certainly makes life easier

Wichers123

Reaction score
To be honest with you I had a cover with a broken baffle and I ran 90 degree fittings and never had big amounts of oil in my catch can. Mostly the small amount of milky moisture. It's all about how much vent you have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online