2valve carbed?

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Interesting... I haven't been to Karkraft's website in awhile. Looks like it might be a good deal.

voidfinger

Reaction score
its cool, but on a 96 up car that have obd2 they won't pass ... but cool idea...

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
its cool, but on a 96 up car that have obd2 they won't pass ... but cool idea...

Don't forget man... Not every state has emissions.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
lol then go for the 4v carbed deal!

Yeah Karkraft has that sic 5.4 4V Carb setup....that would be a sweet engine to drop in a resto mod.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I would look elsewhere for a drop in motor, but the intake and the ignition are interesting. I am waiting to hear back from them right now. The pistons and rods and crank are all stock type pistons. You can build you a forged shortblock a LOT cheaper and add on the heads and intake and stuff. I am looking at this from a performance perspective.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Because you just put it in your 32 Ford with a Model A roadster body, and fuel injection looks funny in those.

voidfinger

Reaction score
you could go carb'ed b/c most times than not its cheaper... and you don't need a computer to "Tune" the car... but i'm still :dunno: about the spark... since there is no distributors... and the computer is deleted... i don't know :nonono:

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
you could go carb'ed b/c most times than not its cheaper... and you don't need a computer to "Tune" the car... but i'm still :dunno: about the spark... since there is no distributors... and the computer is deleted... i don't know :nonono:

I am waiting to here how the ignition system works. Soon as I hear back I will let ya'll know. That is one of my concerns is how does the ignition know when to send electricity to the sparkplug to fire? Is it a crank sensor?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It has a magnetic pickup, if it's MSD, some use OE reluctor wheels and stuff too.

voidfinger

Reaction score
thats what i'm thinking... it would have to be a crank sensor... i think i've seen them sell it on their site so thats probably what it is... i completely forgot about that.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
J.R. said:
It has a magnetic pickup, if it's MSD, some use OE reluctor wheels and stuff too.

Karkraft is saying it their own deal thats why I am looking at it. It is half the cost of MMR's system and it is completely different looking too.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm guessing, from the pics, that they are intercepting the stock crank trigger signal and using it to fire the coilpacks.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
J.R. said:
I'm guessing, from the pics, that they are intercepting the stock crank trigger signal and using it to fire the coilpacks.

The one thing I do know is that you have to convert to COPS with their system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online