2valve carbed?

voidfinger

Reaction score
i wish every engine was COP's... makes it look soooo much better.

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
it would be a good idea if emissions wasnt a problem up here, but i was just browsing and found this

Mr. OAM

Reaction score
They are particularly marketing these engines to the streetrod crowd.

The stand alone ignition system is designed to be able to drop these engines into an old car. Personally, if MSD is involved in creating this ignition system, and they are, I would not sweat it. They would only put their reputation on the line if they knew they could back it up.

I think this is agreat mixture of modern technology (32V engine) and old school "mechanical" look. I know they've put a LOT into this program.

Steve

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I still have not heard anything back from them. I am still thinking about doing it but I am no 100% sure yet.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
wouldnt a carb 4.6 2v make less power than a fuel injected

Probably not. It would probably lose slightly onb torque, but since there really aren't any affordable intakes for the 4.6, it may be a cheap alternative for high RPM power

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
justinschmidt1 said:
wouldnt a carb 4.6 2v make less power than a fuel injected

Probably not. It would probably lose slightly onb torque, but since there really aren't any affordable intakes for the 4.6, it may be a cheap alternative for high RPM power

Im confused....wouldnt th carb bolt on top of the intake?

like the pi intake?

voidfinger

Reaction score
it will use a 289 carb. intake... not the pi intake.....

Throw an Edilbrach or whatever vic. jr on there and you'll see what high rpm power is lol.... if you had heads to match really but i don't think the 2v will be able to do it :crazy2:

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:

Throw an Edilbrach or whatever vic. jr on there and you'll see what high rpm power is lol.... if you had heads to match really but i don't think the 2v will be able to do it :crazy2:

Why not? My came made peak hp at 7k, and was pretty mild. The PI intake was choking it though, the line started to taper off seriously after 6k

voidfinger

Reaction score
J.R. said:
voidfinger said:

Why not? My came made peak hp at 7k, and was pretty mild. The PI intake was choking it though, the line started to taper off seriously after 6k

I'm saying that the 2v 4.6 heads are shit. Even with stage 3 porting that aren't worth squat. I think the airflow numbers really speak for themselves. But thats why I said a 4v... even with out work but maybe some cams you could see that puppy hit 7k with no problems and no taper. I don't know, i'm in a kinda 4.6 haten mood today... i just seen my buddies flow numbers for his new AFR LS1 heads... Its like 390 on the intake.... vs my like 1XX on the intake... wow, crazy... I guess thats why he is making 480 rwhp lol.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Velocity is important too. 2 valves run in the 10's N/A, so I don't think they are all that choked. I've always said the heads are the choke point ultimately though. Everyone still buy's cams first though.

But the reason there are no aftermarket head's, isn't because there's an aftermarket conspiracy or anything, it's because the flow number's only have to support 281 ci. Once you get into boost, velocity is more important than ultimate flow for the street. I doubt you'll ever seen aftermarket 2v head's, we just don't really need them.

voidfinger

Reaction score
J.R. said:
Velocity is important too. 2 valves run in the 10's N/A, so I don't think they are all that choked. I've always said the heads are the choke point ultimately though. Everyone still buy's cams first though.

But the reason there are no aftermarket head's, isn't because there's an aftermarket conspiracy or anything, it's because the flow number's only have to support 281 ci. Once you get into boost, velocity is more important than ultimate flow for the street. I doubt you'll ever seen aftermarket 2v head's, we just don't really need them.

Well i guess i can kiss the idea that the trick flow people would come out with some twisted wedge heads for us and we could finaly get out the stipulation that our cars are slot... and what 2v N/A car went 10's???? was it like a 5.9 or somthing?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It was 283 ci, it belonged to the old owner of Modular Depot, there's a faster one now.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Several NMRA racers are in the 10's NA. They are beating 4V's too.

voidfinger

Reaction score
what the hell are they running N/A to do this??? I was thinking that 12's was the ultimate limit to these cars with a 2v... I'm totally intersted now.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's not exactly streetable, but not extreme to the max or anything either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online

No members online now.