3” arp wheel studs installation

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
Now I need to buy open lug nutz. I’m also installing 3/4” spacers so I thought the closed ones that the car came with were going to work but they didn’t. I noticed the spacers were a real tight fight around the center hub of the axle. Is that normal? They were really tight.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
are the tight, or too tight and can't put them on? I have to run some small spacers up front for my baer kit and the spacers normally fit tight enough in the wheel that they come off with the wheel.

Gregomatic

Reaction score
I'm glad this topic came up.
I wasn't in a big hurry to change my studs out, but something I wanted to do eventually so my wife could drive the stang without rubbing the front rims when she turns the wheel to the extent of it's travel. I know where to stop short of the rub.

Then I had Goodyear align my front end. (I detest Goodyear and their politically woke practices, but my buddy Aaron works there.)

After it was finished, Aaron said that when he installed the last lug on the front driver side he felt it was trying to strip, and marked the stud for me.
So the next time I go to rotate the tires, I'm going to install 2.5's.

All this has been enlightening. Thanks guys!

Props to Warhorse for the vid!
:cool:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I wasn't in a big hurry to change my studs out, but something I wanted to do eventually so my wife could drive the stang without rubbing the front rims when she turns the wheel to the extent of it's travel. I know where to stop short of the rub.

Then I had Goodyear align my front end. (I detest Goodyear and their politically woke practices, but my buddy Aaron works there.)

After it was finished, Aaron said that when he installed the last lug on the front driver side he felt it was trying to strip, and marked the stud for me.

steering rack limiters are easy to install to keep from rubbing.

Gregomatic

Reaction score
I can kinda imagine where they might go, and it seems logical to have them, I just never heard of them. Kinda surprised I hadn't. Are they a bushing of some sort?

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Although It doesn't have the greatest turning radius as it is, I'd suppose it would be negligible because it's only within the last inch of a wheel turn that it scrapes. Seems like the right side does it a little more though which is concerning to me.
The tire has rubbed a hole in the wheel well and through the hole you can see a couple of lines (brakes I believe!) that have a little shine on them.
THAT can't be good.

So, I'm very interested in this route!
Thanks bud!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

You just loosen the clamp on the boot on either side of the rack and then put in one of these little suckers to keep it from going to full lock. When I installed my 19" wheels I had to put them on and I have not had an issue since.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score

I’m glad your wife drives your stang.
If I could do it again I would probably go with 2.5” instead of 3”.

Gregomatic

Reaction score
About the only thing she gets mad about is getting stuck in traffic with high heels on, working that stupid heavy clutch.
Are ALL Mustang clutches that way??

I've have had MANY cars and easily a dozen Fords including a Falcon, 4 early 60's Fairlanes, F-150, Pinto Wagon, and a Maverick.
Not a single one of them ever had as heavy a clutch as this dang stang. I just dropped a new clutch in Rose, (TOB got FOD'ed out from a missing clutch fork cover.) I was hoping that the pedal would be lighter, but nay...

On the other hand, I LOVE it when she drives it! She looks so dang good in it and boy does she drive the pants off it!
It doesn't happen often, but sometimes I get to see her drive off in it and I just get giddy seeing my two babes together.

I very rarely get to watch my own car in action!

The rims I have on it make it look like a big Hot Wheels car as it's rolling away. Our lil six-pack sure makes us happy.

Gregomatic

Reaction score
I think 2.5" will be plenty for me. I have 1/2" spacers right now, but I'd like to try a 3/4. Currently the open end lugs show one thread short of being flush with the end of the stud. ANy less threads and I wouldn't feel safe about it. Especially with spacers. Along with a couple limiters (Thanks Yttocs! What a bud!), I think I'll achieve the look/functionality I want.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Adding a 1" spacer doesn't sound very safe. That may be why you cant find many.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online