3.73's

OpenRoadRacer

Reaction score
Nacho said:
OpenRoadRacer said:
i can't see spending the time to install a speedo gear if it's not going to be accurate.

Have you ever installed one? It literally took me 30 seconds to install. My stock tach is dead on. I saw it when I installed my aftermarket tach. The mph are also almost exact. I've driven next to other mustangs with stock gears and compared mph, and they're about the same.

tach??

no i haven't... i've only had the SpeedCal.

and actually it does take longer to install the SpeedCal :-[ so the "take the time" part was inaccurate..BFD.

i bought it when i had mt 95 GT with 4:30's in it. DMP told me that the speedcal was the best route to go and the gear would still be way off. however the gear would be closer to accurate with 3:73's opposed to 4:30's.

so sure everybody.... buy a fucking gear.... the Speedcal sux.... forget i said anything. guess i'll go throw my speedcal in the trash. :blah2:

OpenRoadRacer

Reaction score
rob10s2 said:
ok well i think ill buy a speedcal.. thanks guys

pm your email address to me and i'll forward the installation instructions to you with pics.

sorry you had to witness my balls being busted for a simple analytical misplay of words. :slap:

ryclef331

Reaction score
OpenRoadRacer said:
ryclef331 said:
OpenRoadRacer said:
best way to do it is use a SpeedCal from DMP. yes they work on 94 & 95's because i have one on my car. it's close to dead on perfect... within 1%.

i can't see spending the time to install a speedo gear if it's not going to be accurate.
Jesus...Honestly, is it THAT big of a deal? 3-5mph? You should have your eyes on the road anyway.

when the Texas DPS pull you over for going 68 in a 65, then yes... 3-5 MPH does make a difference. ::)

Well then thats a fucking speed trap and flat out GHEY. Thats probably the most assinine shit I've ever heard really. Noone is saying that a speecal isn't a good product but for a 100 fucking dollars? I've got better things to spend my hard earned cash on than to sweat 3-5mph. I STILL have the stock speedo gear in my car with 3.73s but guess what? NO TICKETS. I don't drive like a fucking moron (not saying you do at all).

All I'm saying is if it is THAT big of a deal, yeah spend the 100 dollars...

Nacho

Reaction score
I was talking about installing a speedo gear. It took me 30 sec. to do so. I've never gotten pulled over either. If you know you're speedo if off, then drive a lil slower while in town or around cops.

thorco3

Reaction score
I'm just a stickler when it comes to this kinda stuff, which is why i went with a speedcal as well... I just prefer everything on my car to be working as closely to perfect as possible. that goes for the engine, radio, a/c, gauges, etc.

so to me, a speedcal is worth it, just my .02

ryclef331

Reaction score
thorco3 said:
I'm just a stickler when it comes to this kinda stuff, which is why i went with a speedcal as well... I just prefer everything on my car to be working as closely to perfect as possible. that goes for the engine, radio, a/c, gauges, etc.

so to me, a speedcal is worth it, just my .02

You'd hate my car....

Only the tweeter's work (roll cage dictated ditch the Mach 460 amp rack)

Speedo is off

Oil Pressure and Water temp gauges unhooked for autometer ones

A/C AND Heat Deleted but controls still there.

Foglights deleted but activated the linelock....

....FUCK creature comforts. "I wanna go fast."

thorco3

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:

....FUCK creature comforts. "I wanna go fast."

exactly... it's all a matter of personal taste and what people want out of there car. :drunk:

S

scarface

DDSTANG94 said:
The 23 tooth speedo gear is not a ford gear I think its crysler :lame: so they have been known to wear out premature do to inproper match up. :rant: Get the speed cal. :dancing6:

For those of you who dont belive this
http://www.ddperformance.com/speedo_gear_chart.htm
well its the one they sold me at steen racing to correct the speedo gear after my 3:73s...man, I was just trying to help the guy out, no need to call me lame ???

thorco3

Reaction score
scarface said:
DDSTANG94 said:
The 23 tooth speedo gear is not a ford gear I think its crysler :lame: so they have been known to wear out premature do to inproper match up. :rant: Get the speed cal. :dancing6:

well its the one they sold me at steen racing to correct the speedo gear after my 3:73s...man, I was just trying to help the guy out, no need to call me lame ???

I don't think he was calling you lame... more like he is saying that the only option for a speedo gear is to buy a chrysler part which is sorta lame :thumb:

S

scarface

thorco3 said:
scarface said:
DDSTANG94 said:

I don't think he was calling you lame... more like he is saying that the only option for a speedo gear is to buy a chrysler part which is sorta lame :thumb:
oh, ok...my mistake then O0

Maniak87

Reaction score
can anyone point out where the gear is located? i can't seem to find it. anyone have a pic they can post up of where it is or maybe even a blown up trans diagram?

S

scarface

EDIT: Im a retard. Its right in thedrivers side of the tranny, right about in the middle.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I got the Speedcal On ebay for cheaper than 100 bucks. Also, I have 4.10's and its not 3-5 off ... its a % so the faster your going the more it is inaccurate. I do agree tho, that for 3.73's you may NOT need the speedcal.

97blackgt

Reaction score
When i put my 3.73's in i didnt have a speedogear and the MPH is wayyy off.. however i bought the correct speedo gear (white) and now its only 2 mph off at 65, so its not too bad at all

94venom

Reaction score
i have 3.73 in mine and mine is off by 20 mph. LOL I have to get the new gears for mine too. I usually run 100 so I know I am running 80