3 liter 2000 ranger

fixthedoor

Reaction score
okay last week my ranger started making a loud knocking sound on the drivers side of the motor, towards the top of the block/head area. My initial impression is that it is a valvetrain problem so am going to start there. I am planning to take the intake and valve covers off it this evening after work. If anyone can offer up any advice or experience about the procedure or problem it would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
F

fixthedoor

Reaction score
I just got done pulling off the upper intake. I found a carbon build up in one of the runners on the lower manifold. Tomorrow I am going to pull the plugs, see what they look like and go from there.

OP
OP
F

fixthedoor

Reaction score
You wanna see intimidation? I'll show you intimidation.
Here's some pics of my progress so far on the mighty 3 liter

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
F

fixthedoor

Reaction score
Here's some pics of the underside of the upper intake runner and the spark plug. I like the matte black look, just not inside my motor. Last night I got around to removing more wiring and hoses as well as the valve cover. Upon inspection I noticed that something was missing, the pushrod for the suspect cylinder. So I broke out the good ol extendable magnet and fished it out of it's hole. I still need to pull the lower intake manifold off to see the damage, which I couldn't do last night because my garage is a little lacking in the equipment department. So, needless to say, I need to run to the parts house later today so that I can see what is lurking inside.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online