326 hp dyno sheet for gt40 cobra intake e303 HCI swap on 94 GT

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Oh i'm not saying i'm skeptical. lol. I'm saying knowing Paul, he is. Car seems strong though. Some cars just move man

OP
OP

50GTMach1

Reaction score
ok been testing it all day. car feels great! 2nd gear pulls like a motha! based on how the car feels compared to my mach 1 I think the dyno is right! I'm just lovin it. it took two years to mod the car to this point and I learned alot. i did the hci swap in my driveway etc.. im gonna save up for tires for the track. whoohoo!

blackpony

Reaction score
thats pretty believable... are the heads ported? ive heard of guys making 300ish with similar setups....

my old 93 gt had a bone stock long block with edlebrock intake, electric fans, 3.73 and full exhaust, with some old crappy slicks went 13.2's...

post up time slips when you get some!!!

OP
OP

50GTMach1

Reaction score
i bought the heads used. they already had 1.6 roller rockers on intake and 1.7 roller rockers on exhaust. the guy i bought them from said they were on the caar that when he bought the car. i had the heads inspected by a machine shop but didnt ask to check for porting. the machine shop said the valves were not all uniform but that everything looked good. other than that i have no other info on the heads. maybe i got lucky and some work had been done to the heads. im looking forward to hitting the track. i have to decide on slicks or drag radials. the rear end is a stock assembly so i dont want to pick a tire that will transfer damaging force to the rear end. anyone think slicks are too sticky for the stock 94 rear end assembly?

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Wow, everyone is sure on their best behavior here! lol. Paul, I am sorely disappointed in your performance. I'll tell you what, if you are close to Dayton Ohio, I will dyno your car for FREE. nada, not a cent from your pocket except the fuel to get to my door. DynoJet 224 XLC 2 years old. make as many pulls as you want. My dyno's hp numbers are shown to be accurate by drag strip performance and hp calculations from mph and et. What the heck, I'll even do your Mach for free too, just got to bribe a friend to drive it down, use crispy creams and coffee, works like a charm, lol. I am dead serious about this, no joke.

OP
OP

50GTMach1

Reaction score
Cool! Thank you for the offer! This site rocks! I live in Washington DC so thats about eight hours one way. but im up for a day trip. getting a friend to drive the mach may be possible too. what is your holiday schedule like for saturdays?

dutch

Reaction score
dude, I want a free dyno too.

Damn you europe! *shakes fist*

sick numbers.. That's a big difference with other GT40 setups. Could that all be just 'factory freak'? I've seen factory freak probe GT's, but they don't offer that same difference.

OP
OP

50GTMach1

Reaction score
i dont know why the numbers are so high. This is the only car i ve ever worked so extensively on. I wa reading articles and reading the forums for insight all the way through the process. I made a lot of mistakes along the way but came out with great results. the car feels really strong and i had another friend ride in the car last weekend for another persons sotp point of view. he drives a modded 01 cobra and he agreed the felt close to the power he was used to between his cobra and my mach. track times will help but every track around here is closed.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Those are good numbers.I pulled 298 334 outta my TFS setup, and you handily beat that. nicely done!

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Well our saturday hours through the winter are every other Saturday from 10 til 2. If you are coming such a long way, I might be able to get the dyno operator to stay a little later for ya. Just give us a weeks notice when you can come. We are closing Dec 23 and reopening on Jan 4th. You can call the shop at 937-396-2946 to make your appointment, I will let them know you are going to be calling. Just don't be disappointed if it doesn't reflect the other guy's results. I don't 'fudge' the dyno to give people high readings. that type of dyno can be manipulated to read basically whatever they want it to read. My dyno can not be manipulated like that, it's preset from the factory and tested there before it is shipped. Thats why I spent 54k on it and the whole setup. We have wide band a/f and also boost, fuel pressure etc, that we can monitor along with Mass Air voltage. Offer still stands for ya.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
dutch said:
dude, I want a free dyno too.

**** you europe! *shakes fist*

sick numbers.. That's a big difference with other GT40 setups. Could that all be just 'factory freak'? I've seen factory freak probe GT's, but they don't offer that same difference.

Well, how's this. If you get your car to my shop, you can have free dyno time, lol. So start calling those shipping companies and airlines and get your car over here! lol. j/k

wannaboost94gt

Reaction score
Very nice #'s hoping for something like that when I do my head/cam swap! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online