4.10's and Eaton in...I, was a puss

96gtseastang

Reaction score
I, could have gone to 4.30's....but it is a better upgrade over my stock 3.27's. I, had a one tire fire going on for awhile and instead of rebuilding the t lok i went and had the Eaton installed, and new u joints pressed in. Everything feels tight no whine or any other noise. At 60 mph with 3.27's i ran 2100 rpm and now I, run 2600 rpm. MUCH quicker pickup throughout the range though I, feel I, still need either the jmod or a shift kit installed even more so after the gear install, and real quick to. Ordered the speed cal and it is to be here tomorrow. Total mods are now: complete PI swap and 4.10's...jmod or shift kit to come this week or next, still researching that...This site has been great for information but you guys are shaming me to spend money on my car as there are so many great rigs posted on this site...96 GT automatic, original owner... 59k...

WarHorse

Reaction score
sweet man, im doing a rebuild and a 3.73 install soon, but because of out power curve im thinking of going with 4.10's

good luck with the j mod.

moot09

Reaction score
j mod? searched it and googled it didnt come up with anything....

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
moot09 said:
j mod? searched it and googled it didnt come up with anything....

look up "Jerry Mod". its basically a modification to the valving in the automatic transmissions to make them shifter faster and stronger

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
Modifying the Valvebody makes a world of difference!!!

I just bought me a custom valvebody from Darrin at BC-Automotive and the car shifts very nice.

Knuckles281

Reaction score
I got the TransGo like most people do. Everybody talks shit about it, but I think it works just fine.

nyuk98gt

Reaction score
The J-mod is described by the author himself in "Transmissions 101" found in the Tech Articles/Transmissions on TCCoA.com (T-Bird & Cougar Club of America site).

If you are going to do it, refer to A-Train's two excellent 'how-to' articles in the same Tech Articles section.

It is not difficult to do, trust me. This was my first automatic and I had no idea what to expect but the whole job went very nicely and the results are very well worth the effort. Run a search on this site and other Mustang boards and you will find a ton of threads about the J-mod. Put a transmission cooler in at the same time (or, even, before). Heat is the killer of automatics.

Last word: the article on Shift Kits is out of date so please do not use it for guidance. (No flames, please, just trying to help out other automatic-equipped Mustangers.)

HTH,

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online