4.6 VS 5.0 *Now engine's*

G

GREG@SN95

IMO...

OHV motors sound the best... the bigger the displacement and the bigger the carb the better they sound...

I ran borla on my 302 and loved it...

when it comes to mustang exhaust... borla > *

G

GREG@SN95

Red96GT said:
^^^^besides SLP of course. :boink:

slp is camaro exhaust...

well originally it was...

since camaros have to run Y pipes cause nothing else will fit... slp designed their first catbacks for them utilizing the straight through mufflers to allow exhaust gases to flow better...

chambered mufflers sound the best on muscle cars...

Borla > * (including slp)

Hellion94

Reaction score
just for historical accuracy, SLP was actually a company that started making high performance GM parts in the late 80s.

They evolved, and eventually became the contracted constructor of SS comaros..

G

GREG@SN95

Hellion94 said:
just for historical accuracy, SLP was actually a company that started making high performance GM parts in the late 80s.

They evolved, and eventually became the contracted constructor of SS comaros..

hm... i was little off... but close... lol

lrall

Reaction score
this might be a bit off topic, what gives that cackle on decel of rpms?? i LOVE it but only on certain set-ups, is it the catless x-pipes or what? oh...5.0 FTW

G

GREG@SN95

lrall said:
this might be a bit off topic, what gives that cackle on decel of rpms?? i LOVE it but only on certain set-ups, is it the catless x-pipes or what? oh...5.0 FTW

I'm sorry... what are you trying to say?

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
lrall said:

I'm sorry... what are you trying to say?

Backfire?? :dunno:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
what he is trying to say is what i have always refered to and heard as cackling. If you have ever run glasspacks you know what he is talking about especially. Catless will definately increase it but i think about any exhaust will do it (i dunno about x pipes maybe not :dunno:)

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
lrall said:

That would be back pressure and the detonation of exhaust gases causing all that racket if i remember correctly. No, it happens with stock H pipe also. Its a love hate thing.. some hate it big time and some love it. I know my car did it with my stock setup and it only got louder and deeper with my mac catback. The decel burble got even louder/deeper with the mac catted hpipe. I remember when i got my catback with the stock H. I thought of the decel burble as a marching band playing the drums. It was loud as hell inside the car, but now its quiet and i need a O/R pipe lol. (you can view/hear what im talking about with the sound clip in my sig)

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Am i the only one that actually likes it? haha Its fun to downshift going down hill etc. My 79 f 150 is louder but that is pry cuz it just has dynomax race bullets :naughty:

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
I love cackling, even my stock exhaust setup does it sometimes.

Her: "Ca-Cac-Cackleaburbleabumarumble."

Me: "Ohhh you mean bitch you." + ;D

Hellion94

Reaction score
As Twista said, the cackle is basically a little backfire. It's unburned gasses that enter into the exhaust and then detonate while in the exhaust system.

This is generally only going to be noticible on cars that have tailpipes, as it creates a megaphone effect and makes the sound louder. It's much harder to get that phenomenon in a car that has dumps, because the tone that comes out is so bassy that it's hard(er) to distinguish the pops.

I love the pops. They sound awesome.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
My LM1s only pop sometimes when I rev them but say I'm goin down a hill at 30 in second gear, all hell breaks loose. POP OPPIDIEPOP POPPS :pimp2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online