.300 179 153
.400 223 178
.500 243 185
.550 245 190
.600 245 191
OnyxCobra said:
lolol. What is Aaron's example?

OnyxCobra said:
Stock bottom end. Don't have any Dyno or ET numbers just yet, coming soon.

AFR 165cc Heads - $1340
Steeda #19 Camshaft - $210
1.7:1 Roller Rockers - stock
Hardened Pushrods - $87
Cobra Intake Manifold - stock
Polished 70mm TB - $150
Tuned SCT Chip - $300
Total: $2087

I left out the stuff that would be similar price on both cars, ie exhuast, LMAF, etc.

**Keep in mind this is a very MILD 5.0 build.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
Comparing a $100,000+ Ferrari to a Ford is about as non-sequitur as it gets.

If they're so great, why doesn't Top Fuel run them? That question is similarly relevant.

theres reasons..most likely becuase rebuilding a push rod motor is easier. They like rebuild the damn things after every run

Thats not relevant.

The ohc setup is supposed to have less drivetrain loss in the engine

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
theres reasons..most likely becuase rebuilding a push rod motor is easier. They like rebuild the damn things after every run

So you don't think those guys would do the same for an OHC motor if it made more power? I think they would.

The ohc setup is supposed to have less drivetrain loss in the engine

Too bad pushrod GM motors with more displacement make more power and still get better gas mileage. :( They must put magical antique fairy dust in them to make it work.

Schiffy

Reaction score
I will say... there are an ass ton more parts for a 5.0, and it's a helluva lot cheaper than a 4.6... an aftermarket intake alone is almost $800 for a mod motor car... :wall:

Hellion94

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
This thread is untterly pointles....A computer generated program is fine and all for SHOPPING but dyno and estimated numbers don't mean crap people...put it on the track. Don't tell me what it COULD do...show me what it HAS done. I've giggle stomped at least 4-5 cars that made roughly a 100 more horse than I do...and beat them substantially. Races, I SHOULDN'T NOT have won....but I did. Making power is easy now adays. Putting to the ground is different.

Claiming dyno numbers like you're actually done something is like saying "Poker is a sport."

Just curious though...how many wins do the mod motor guys have in pro-5.0? Thats right...since we're talking no budget limit really...look up tim lynch. His combo. Thats what I'm putting on the board. Find me a mod motor that hangs the front hoops for an 1/8 mile and sets outlaw 10.5 records.

No wins yet, but they do own the record for quickest and fastest pass, both in Pro-5.0 and Drag Radial...

sorry, I couldn't resist.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
ryclef331 said:
This thread is untterly pointles....A computer generated program is fine and all for SHOPPING but dyno and estimated numbers don't mean crap people...put it on the track. Don't tell me what it COULD do...show me what it HAS done. I've giggle stomped at least 4-5 cars that made roughly a 100 more horse than I do...and beat them substantially. Races, I SHOULDN'T NOT have won....but I did. Making power is easy now adays. Putting to the ground is different.

Claiming dyno numbers like you're actually done something is like saying "Poker is a sport."

Just curious though...how many wins do the mod motor guys have in pro-5.0? Thats right...since we're talking no budget limit really...look up tim lynch. His combo. Thats what I'm putting on the board. Find me a mod motor that hangs the front hoops for an 1/8 mile and sets outlaw 10.5 records.

Fair enough!
No wins yet, but they do own the record for quickest and fastest pass, both in Pro-5.0 and Drag Radial...

sorry, I couldn't resist.

Schiffy

Reaction score
I like JR's original idea... it was fun. plus now that I have the program, i can start throwing numbers at it... I know it won't be deadly accurate, but it's still something fun to tinker with, and get some good idea's.

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't give a flipping frog's ass how many fucking Pro5.0 wins a 5.0 has, or why they didn't use modular motors to power the fucking Apollo missions to the goddamn moon.

The point of the thread, was to demonstrate that given a similar amount of money, they will both make similar amounts of power. If you don't have a build to submit, get the fuck out of my thread. Go be childish in the goddamn debate thread, you know, where debates happen? If you have something about fucking catbacks, whose fucking E-dick is bigger, why driving a POS 5.0 makes you more of a man, or whose fucking dad can be up whose, get the fuck out of here with it. I'm sorry your little thongs got pulled ladies, and of course some people won't accept things, and will try to argue them to death. I suggest you get your head out of your ass, and quit living in denial.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Here's a combo that I know the results of:

Stock 1992 5.0 shortblock
Stock TFS TW heads
TFS 1 cam
GT40 intake, 65 mm TB
Master Power T70 @ 10 psi

470 rwhp / 530 rwtq

It's a buddy of mine's car and he dynoed it in his garage. Cuz he has his own dyno. Seriously.

Paul.

Oh wait, I forgot we were racing computers. Nevermind.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Paul said:
Here's a combo that I know the results of:

Stock 1992 5.0 shortblock
Stock TFS TW heads
TFS 1 cam
GT40 intake, 65 mm TB
Master Power T70 @ 10 psi

470 rwhp / 530 rwtq

It's a buddy of mine's car and he dynoed it in his garage. Cuz he has his own dyno. Seriously.

Paul.

would be great to have flow numbers and such for that if you are wanting to see what desktop dyno says. otherwise, you didn't even read what JR originally posted.

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:

Oh wait, were are trying to make a fair comparison using the tools available to us. If you want to assemble every combo, dyno it, install it in a car run it, and post results, go make your own thread and do it. If you can't do that, do you have a better idea? Obviously you don't like this one, so what, oh great swammi, should we do? Please, guide us all with your infinite wisdom, oh omnipotent pushrod master.

I think we should follow your example, and based upon no evidence at all, other than broad statements of opinion, disguised as fact, and just say whatever the hell we want.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Go on the interwebz, find the cams specs for a TFS1.

Then the flow numbers for TFS TW heads. They were in that cylinder head shootout in the magazines a while back.

Then enter 4.000 x 3.000 for the block.

Then put sequential fuel injection as the induction, with a reasonable CFM.

Then put 9.0:1 CR.

Then add a turbo at 10 psi.

Let me know what the results are. I can probably try to find the actual dyno results somewhere, but it would be in real-world rear-wheel numbers... not computer generated.

Paul.

*edit* Here it is.

dyno2.jpg

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Paul said:
Go on the interwebz, find the cams specs for a TFS1.

Then the flow numbers for TFS TW heads. They were in that cylinder head shootout in the magazines a while back.

Then enter 4.000 x 3.000 for the block.

Then put sequential fuel injection as the induction, with a reasonable CFM.

Then put 9.0:1 CR.

Then add a turbo at 10 psi.

Let me know what the results are. I can probably try to find the actual dyno results somewhere, but it would be in real-world rear-wheel numbers... not computer generated.

Paul.

*edit* Here it is.

dyno2.jpg

Thats great and all man, but YOU seem to fail to comprehend anything. If YOU are wanting to play in this little game, then YOU need to find the info. Not JR, not anybody else.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Oh well. I don't care enough to e-race anyway. Sorry if empirical data offended anybody.

Paul.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Empirical data my ass. You just posted a list of parts. If you don't wanna play stay out of the thread.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
That's his combo, and his dyno results. Would you like pictures too? Perhaps I should fly you to Phoenix so you can see? I'm typically prone to flights of fancy so I probably made it all up.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
not doubting any of that. You come into this thread, talking shit, then post a bunch of parts. Whole point of the thread is for folks to post combos, with flow numbers, cam info etc... to be plugged into desktop dyno. Not come in with your superiority complex and shit on the thread.

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
Oh well. I don't care enough to e-race anyway. Sorry if empirical data offended anybody.

Paul.

Empirical data? Running off a list of part's, no cost's, no specs, any highschool kid with a subscription to MM&FF can do that. Hardly empirical data, I can go find a 2v motor that tops that number right now, all you'll say is different dyno, different tune, different day, blah blah blah. And we could go back and forth like that forever, with no true fact's, or basis for comparision.

My way, all that get's taken out of the equation. But you don't want a level playing field do you? You simple want to spout "fact's" and "empirical data".

Simulation is a way of life in the real world, where everyone else lives. From NASA, to NASCAR, all they way down to me making dumbass Hurst pistol grip shifters, everything get's simulated before it's made. Of course it's not perfect, but it is controlled and repeatable.

I, however, have nothing to prove here. I do not run around arbitrarily saying whatever I want, or letting my prejudices get in the way of true empirical data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online