600hp supporting mods

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Can I add to the e85?

E85 burns unbelievably clean, leaving no carbon to build up in the cumbustion chamber which ultimately kills pump gas peformance. Its also an extremely cold fuel adding to incylinder cooling. Ive witnessed e85 guys with cooling issues but had no problems cause of how cold the fuel is. E85 benefits far out weigh the pump gas performance aspect.....even 110octane! The down fall is corrosive and low BTU.

I cant see why 600hp couldnt be had. Build it to the limit!

MikuTheDriftstang

Reaction score
E85 isn't a higher octane fuEl per say it's just more stable than petrol. As for the destroking I'm wanting to do that for higher revs you make the amount of movement less and increase the maximum safe revs. I want a safe 7500rpm limiter. And for the 30psi I personally will be running a t3/t4 hybrid turbo. I was planning t70 but I recently learned that a t70 would have way to much lag and the t3 would be good up to 600hp and I don't plan on that much.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I also thought the 70 trim would be a bit much. But yes, e85 is higher octane, much higher. Plus all the benefits that 96Blak pointed out on top of it.

You're de-stroke makes sense now.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
E85 dont self ignite under pressure.....period. Most folks claim the octane equal to 105. I got news for you.....nope! More like Q16. E85's negative sides is also its positive side. What gives its resistance to detonation is volume amount compared to gasoline. E85 needs something over 30% more volume to make the mixture right. This added amount improves incylinder cooling by alot! Its other down fall is lower BTU rating compared to gasoline.

MikuTheDriftstang

Reaction score
The only downside to my destroking idea is it hasn't been done before as far as I can tell so I am going to have to do a lot of math to get it right. But it will be with it. Who would you guyss recommend going through for my forged internals? Also an update I am putting on a high flow oil pump next week with some clean oil. And it has got me thinking about just boosting the stock engine at 8psi which is what the t3 kit I want to order is set at. What are your thoughts on 8psi in thee stock block with the stock fuel system. I would decap the injectors for better flow and put a high flow turbo application fuel pump in too. I rea)y want some decent power and don't wanna wait that's why im thinking about it. From what I about ECU mapping the mass airflow sensor should be able to compensate for dinner adding a turbocharger on to a non turbo charged engine if you're only doing 8 or 10 pounds of boost what do you guys think about that?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You should be fine. In stock form this motor can handle the same range of power as the 4.6 counterpart, somewhere in the 400 range.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online