600hp supporting mods

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Oh, the truth comes out... V6 motors (even 600 hp ones) suck because of how they sound. Awesome. The rice is deep in here. I loved taking my 'crappy sounding' V6 and beating the living daylights out of Terminators and Vettes that had two or three times the money into them.

Of those three, two are over $8000. And that's just the motor/trans. Add on shipping, fuel system swap, dash cluster swap, front suspension, tuning and shop labor to put it in...well over $8K. For that money, you can have a stock 390 hp Terminator or a 600 hp V6. Gee, which one would a Mustang guy rather have if he is looking for power...390 hp or 600 hp? Go ahead, think about it and get back to me. I can't wait to hit the floor laughing when someone tells me they'd rather have less hp and better sound.

I never said they were exactly 8K. I said they were around 8K. And a 600hp V6 isn't going to be either.

And don't throw generalizations like that at me. I know I'm stepping on toes at this point, but I'd rather have a any Cobra DOHC motor than a V6 on roids. The exhaust note is huge.

You only get to use that 600hp 2% of the time you're driving. But you have to hear the exhaust 100% of the time. So yes, the exhaust is a big reason why I prefer my 4.6L. The exhaust note of my 2V is the reason why I'm not driving around a 5.0 as well. It's a huge deal to me.

LilRoush

Reaction score
I never said they were exactly 8K. I said they were around 8K. And a 600hp V6 isn't going to be either.

$8000 and change for 390 hp Terminator swap. Or spend $3-$4K on a blower set up and make that number with the V6.
An $8K build on a V6 will put you right around 600 flywheel. I've done it before. It's not a stretch.

I'll take the same power and money in my pocket anyday. I guess that is just me.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Let's not forgot how easy it is to make 500 rwhp with a termi though...a few bolt ons? 500-1k bucks?

It will always be cheaper to make power aftermarket vs buying it dude.

A 4.6 2v with a 2k Vortech kit will make 400+ HP as well....doesn't mean a gt is better than a terminator

OP
OP
ChaosKnuxxx

ChaosKnuxxx

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think mine has that weird sound at the end though. I guess I'll see when I take a vid of the dyno.

And getting an actual termi makes sense, but I think they guy is interested in building is v6 rather than raw power. The termi swap doesn't make sense, it may be cheaper but you need to buy the full swap straight up. You can slowly build it while driving it, you need the complete swap or else you're not driving it.
Yup... My conclusion exactly. After pricing for absolutely EVERYTHING needed for a termi swap, I found out it'll be easier to build/buy the 3.8 long rod stroker kit and drop it in.

As far as exhaust I'm still stuck. I'm leaning more towards getting a cobra takeoff kit and putting that on. Sounds better than 90% of the aftermarket exhaust kits I've heard on YT.

OP
OP
ChaosKnuxxx

ChaosKnuxxx

Reaction score
Like I said before, lets not forget this is just a number I'm shooting for. It's not rock solid, but by the time I get ready to add FI, ill know for sure if I'm building or taking Justin's route because his reasoning is pretty similar to my own when I considered this.

But one main factor Is and has been availability. If I could find a termi for a reasonable price, then it's no question. But they're pretty hard to come by locally. He'll I've only seen one Mach 1. The rest are riced out 6ers, who I embarrass on the highway (like tonight when I killed a GLI Jetta...) or v8s beat all to hell. Unless they're new. The car scene here is dead.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have a MAC cat back on my car. Back when the car was stock it still sounded great. MAC with all the cats still. It came off a cobra

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=10997]g36 monkey[/MENTION] would likely be able to give the best advice on that.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
that's pretty much a stock motor, with big valves, a very mild cam, and slight headwork.

Idk if i'd even pay that much.

OP
OP
ChaosKnuxxx

ChaosKnuxxx

Reaction score
Yeah, the cam stuff from what I could tell was pretty mild, I assumed from them trying to keep it DD. but I don't fully understand the technicalities of the specs they listed. But I mean, even if I just continued with an H/C/I it'd be about the same minus the mild cam. Course, even when I spoke to the guy at SSM he said most people have gone for pump-friendly setups lately

OP
OP
ChaosKnuxxx

ChaosKnuxxx

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, even though it IS meh in comparison to the one they have at SSM, I figure I can get a Stage 3 pack along with the SSX intake they have and put down some respectable numbers.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, my car, built 4.3 stroker. All I didn't do was put in forged rods and pistons.

218/226 .500 Lift cam
ported and polished heads and lower intake, IMRC deletes, windstar upper

I put down 225 horse and 245 torque. Granted, that was at full heat soak so I might pick up a hair of power here and there.

That's at 93 octane. You won't be able to squeeze more than that out really without high compression. That motor listed probably wouldn't come close to that. MY heads were originally RPM's best ported heads, which flow on par with SSM's stage 3s.

LilRoush

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't refer to the Titan Motor as 'high performance' at all. They don't tell you anything about the bottom end or what wll went into the build. And I love that it's a rebuild used motor, but listed as "NEW" in the ad. The reality of it is you'd be getting a reassmebled junkyard 4.2L long block with some warmer over heads, mild cam and a lower intake.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online