600hp supporting mods

ChaosKnuxxx

Reaction score
Now I'm planning to buy the 3.8 long rod stroker from SSM but I need to know what I need to do to support the power I'm aiming for. Even if it's not 600 I need something close to it because I'm also aiming to boost as well

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
600hp plus boost? or 600 with boost? I'm assuming the second.

Well either way you're going to need to do a lot of work...

LilRoush
will likely be able to help you the best! I beleive he had close to those numbers with his sixxer.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Should be just like any other engine. Lots of boost. Id get some 60lbs injectors.. Slot style maf, bigger fuel pump 340lph. Not sure how much power the fuel rails on the 6er can handle. That's What i would get..
And a good tuner..

OP
OP
ChaosKnuxxx

ChaosKnuxxx

Reaction score
yeah 600 with boost. The max I've seen N/A is around 350ish. I should have been more specific, since I knew about the 60lb injectors. I meant as far as rear and tranny, DS and more chassis than anything.

I didn't know about the slot style MAF, but I do have an SVT focus fuel pump in as well. I do plan to dyno tune it after I get all that done.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
This first supporting mod would be a new car with a different engine. The amount of money it would take to make an SN95 V6 make 600 hp is a lot more money than just buying another car that can get there more easily.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This first supporting mod would be a new car with a different engine. The amount of money it would take to make an SN95 V6 make 600 hp is a lot more money than just buying another car that can get there more easily.

But making a car that can easily make the power isn't as fun...

Making a slow car fast is much more impressive than making a fast car faster. Whats the point if everyone on the street has the same thing.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How's it stupid and irrelevant?

Nevermind, I'm done arguing in this thread. Chaos is trying to seek information for his project. If you want to continue call me out in road rage section.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Big turbo is the easiest way to get there.

8.8 with c-clip eliminators, hardened wheel studs, hardened axles, a good carrier/girdle, and a rebuild in there.

sub frame connectors, lower control arms and replace your uppers with stock ford pieces or get a torque arm.

If you aren't doing burn outs all the time the t5 will hold for a while. if you really plan to beat it, get the t5 beefed up, or a new trans altogether.
[MENTION=9404]Paul[/MENTION], you are definitely right, it will take a lot of work to make a v6 (or a v8 for that matter) reach a legitimate 600 horse.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I mean your not in a PI shitbox so...

Lol on a serious note. I have to agree on the big turbo. If your gonna do it, do it big man. But the thing with a big turbo is your gonna have major turbo lag. If it's possible, I'd go twin turbo and get a decent size set of twins. Otherwise it's get a twin screw and port the hell out of it. Goodluck!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Go the cool way, supercharger or go home :p
600hp just seems insane to me, that would be so cool!
I hope [MENTION=14887]LilRoush[/MENTION] joins us...

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
LilRoush had the best numbers I'd ever seen out of a roots blower on a V6. But I said the easiest way to make big power was with a turbo. It's just not my style. I'd rather have less power that's more useable....IE roots blower.

LilRoush

Reaction score
Late to the party, but who pee'd in Paul's Cheerios??? Idea: Don't like modding cars, maybe stay away from car forums.

Once you get the motor ready for boost, several set ups will put you at your number. A good Whipple/KB set up, a VERY ported M112 with spray on top, Pro Charger F1, or a turbo (single or twin have both been proven to push over 600rwhp on a pushrod V6).

Fuel system is needed: 60 lb injectors or bigger, I ran a 90mm MAF and SVT Focus pump on mine. Anything to push more fuel and read more air.
I ran a built T5 and Eaton 7.5" rear end. Most guys will swap to a built 8.8". I just happend to go that route with mine b/c I found a good deal on one.

It's not harder to get that number from a V6 than from a V8 Mustang.

OP
OP
ChaosKnuxxx

ChaosKnuxxx

Reaction score
Holy crap I leave and come back from work and people are fighting about it?

C'mon guys, obivously 600 is just a number I threw out there, BUT that being said I still plan to keep that as a goal. I plan to build the car up until it becomes unreasonable; practicality, expense, ect. For now it's my DD so I won't do too much to it, but as far as where I should start from my current place, that would help.

I'm considering either P&P the uper and lower intake or if I can find a good price on a windstar upper, I'd do that with a P&P lower. Only thing is wouldn't it make sense to change out the cylinder heads too since I'll need forged internals to support it? If thats the case I'll have to wait since I'm sure those will cost me too. I'm trying to save my money and still build on my car so tht way I'm not broke every time I come off a project

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Start with an h/c/I

Your stock internals, if they hold compression well and all, will handle around 400 horse

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Wish Paul wasn't such a biased douche. ..

100Hp Per cylinder is serious bidness.I have a 700 horse 6cyl in my garage just sayin...

Keep in mind there is a replacement for cubes and its BOOST

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online