#71 Season 2013

RichV

Reaction score
Last night I fired up #71 for the 1st time since I unloaded it in October '12. Got my new alternator in and she fired up without hesitation. So now I'm starting to get motivated for 2013, got my pile of parts to install and some adjustments to tweak. What I'm gonna do is track everything in this thread from mod updates to track pics and vids. Put the '13 season in here. So far this is our 2013 schedule:

April 6-7 Pikes Peak Raceway CO
May 4-5 Pueblo Motorsports Park CO
May 25-26 Heartland Park Topeka KS
June 22-23 Hallett Summer Shootout OK
July 12-14 High Plains Raceway CO
August 9-11 Motorsport Park Hastings NE
September 5-8 Miller Motorsports Park - National Championships UT
September 28-29 Pikes Peak Raceway CO
October 26-27 High Plains Raceway CO

#71 will be getting a slew of maintenance as well as some upgrades in the coming weeks, starting NOW. We are roughly 10 weeks from the 1st race, not a whole lot of time left. Still have to order tires and a few odds/ends. I'd like to do 1 or 2 days of T&T before the 1st race as well.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice. I wanna get more into road racing looks like a lot of fun .

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Gah you suck. I want to go so bad. I'm working on getting my car up to par. There are a few things I'd like to take care of that I feel would be a safety issue. loll.

chris91

Reaction score
Good luck with the season! Make sure to get plenty of video for us that aren't as lucky to get the on track experience. LoL I know I'll be watchin! :D

ReplicaR

Reaction score
My goal is to be in HPDE4 and TT by the end of the year.

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Movin' forward...

Hooked up my voltage gauge and and the PIH harness with the A9P computer. Fired right up. The PIH fan controller only seems to be running my fan in the HI speed right when the key is turned on. Not sure what's goin' on there. I may have a bad sensor, or there may be a problem with the fan controller. I tried to adjust the lo/hi speed with no change. The HI speed just runs all the time. I'll actualy fire it up and let it get to temp, see what it does. I don't have the stock water temp gauge/sender so maybe it gets the signal from it, but that wouldn't make sense.

This weekend I'm hoping to get my spacers on, install the new O2s, and start on the front CA bushings. I bought a set of control arms so I don't have to rip the car apart and let it sit. I'm one of those guys that don't like it when my Stangs are in pieces.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Definitely subscribing to this thread. I love reading your posts, no homo, lots of good suspension and track advice. I love your car btw. I have your sig pic saved lol

reminds me of NEDACfilms on youtube where they make little films of 5.0 SN95's and foxes being track driven!

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Definitely subscribing to this thread. I love reading your posts, no homo, lots of good suspension and track advice. I love your car btw. I have your sig pic saved lol

reminds me of NEDACfilms on youtube where they make little films of 5.0 SN95's and foxes being track driven!

Thanks! I pride myself on 'no homo'. :) I LOL'd on that.

white95 said:
I hope to buy a helmet and hit the asphalt this year myself!

Check out www.saferacer.com, they have great deals and usualy can find a coupon code for another 10-20% off. Go with a full face if you can.

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Thanks Rich, ill go look now! Recommend any brand in particular?

I run a GForce full face, they are a good budget helmet. Bell is allways a good choice. I would stick with a SAxx rating, that way you're covered if you need something more than a M.

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Got my rear spacers in today. Makes all the difference in the rear, see the before and after.
spacers.jpg

before.jpg

after.jpg

Along with the front CA bushing project I've been documenting, I replaced both O2 sensors, wired up a voltage gauge, and hooked up the PIH with the A9P ECU. I'll also need to replace my electrical cut off switch, it got damaged when my alternator shorted to ground and my electrical puked at about 100mph, all I heard was a big backfire and I lost everything, steering/brakes/throttle. That was fun, you just hope you can avoid everyone behind you and coast to a spot where they don't have to get you till the end of the race.

LilRoush

Reaction score
Hallet in June you say....hum... I love that course. It was one of my favorite to run around when I lived in Dallas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online

No members online now.