#71 Season 2013

ba#97

Reaction score
Good lookin' stuff from Griggs.

My setup came from revolutionbrake.com. If I had the coin, I'd probably go with a StopTech kit. But I'm happy with mine, I need to do a little shimming of the calipers, the pads wear a little crooked.

Yeah I am most likely going with the stoptech kit when I do get home and have the cash to do it. but I will wait till I have the 331 in the car for that...till then the cobra brakes aren't too bad.

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Yea, just got back from HPR today. Great weekend to be at the track, but I lost oil pressure AGAIN!! Same thing happened last month, I just replaced the pump and pump drive shaft. The old pump had signs of some debris inside, so I bet there's more of it.

Sounds like I'll be pulling the motor just to verify everything is OK. Want to make sure I get whatever is in there. There is a chance this new pump is just bunk, but the chances of that are slim. BTW, also learned PM3L sux. Don't do it, these cars need both upper control arms, PHB, and the stiff rear spring. Then it works.

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
I think it's from the distributor gear I sheared in 2012, but I can't believe it's taken this long to cause an issue.

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Well, despite all the issues with #71 this season, looks like I came in 5th in the Rocky Mountain points.

Not too shabby, no prize money or trophy girls.

But look forward to 2014, possibly a team effort to help with some expenses. Need to get the motor back to health.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online