#71 Season 2013

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Ya, Hallett gets crazy when the RM NASA and TX NASA take over that weekend. Last time I was there we had 30 V8 CMC and American Iron cars on track at once. It's a little tight track but it's a lot of fun. Specially when you go 3 wide into T1 after the green flag. :)

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
A few parts installed this weekend ...

Cobra MC with MM install kit. Went in pretty easy, I hope to gain some brake feel with this. My GT MC was like stepping into dogshit, then the brakes would lock up. I'm thinking it was due to the bigger brakes.

cobramc_zps5da5bb79.jpg

Then a Kirban FPR, adjusted to 41psi.

fpr_zps8b979f5e.jpg

Bought some side skirts from a dude parting out a 97. Get those on for some asthetics, and order up some new # decals. Dyno day is in 5 weeks, March 9th I go on the rollers for CMC legality (260hp/310tq max), safety, and scales (3150 lbs max with driver)

ba#97

Reaction score
awesome thread...I will be sharing vids from my endeavors pre and post deployment too on here. it actually sucks a lot that I am leaving for this whole summer because I was finally getting into a rhythm with the car and hitting the track....so yes...all summer...I will be jealous of you rich. lol. when I get back though...sonoma, laguna seca and thunderhill to end the year off right! I'm hoping to be in TT sometime next year too honestly.

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
ratracing_zps3de9c4ef.jpg

I got them from RatRacingGraphics.com. Brian will take care of you, they are big NASA supporters along with other clubs. The above proof is what I purchased, x2 for everything. Total was just under $90 shipped. Check out their site and email them with your ideas and styles you want. I have access to a vynil cutter and have made my own #s in the past, but I wanted a 2-tone look which the one I have does not work.

After our discussion last night about brake fluid, I think I'm gonna try some of the Motul rpf600. It has like a 618* boiling point dry and is compatible with DOT 3/4, a lot of high temp fluids were not compatible a few years back. It's a little pricey, but what isn't in this sport.

ba#97

Reaction score
ratracing_zps3de9c4ef.jpg

I got them from RatRacingGraphics.com. Brian will take care of you, they are big NASA supporters along with other clubs. The above proof is what I purchased, x2 for everything. Total was just under $90 shipped. Check out their site and email them with your ideas and styles you want. I have access to a vynil cutter and have made my own #s in the past, but I wanted a 2-tone look which the one I have does not work.

After our discussion last night about brake fluid, I think I'm gonna try some of the Motul rpf600. It has like a 618* boiling point dry and is compatible with DOT 3/4, a lot of high temp fluids were not compatible a few years back. It's a little pricey, but what isn't in this sport.

Lol....awesome...I like this...helping each other out here! let me know what you think of it! I will look into getting those numbers made!

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
The season officialy started last weekend. 1st event was at PPIR, Fountain, CO.

The newly installed Cobra master cylinder is awesome! I actualy have brake feel and modulation in turns. The new Global West front CA bushings worked great! no more sloppy front end feel. My power is doing good at 266rwhp, I needed to weigh in at 3240, which stinks. I have roughly 80lbs of ballast which I will need to get to 100 to be safe if a weigh in is necessary. New rear shocks felt good, need propper performance alignment and some new rear control arms, possibly some quad shocks.

A vid from the weekend:
[video=vimeo;63698700]http://vimeo.com/63698700[/video]

Points after this weekend, I am 6th in season points out of about 22 cars. Ran all the points races, and earned about $100 in TOYO dollars.

IMG_20130408_183049_889_zps1c5da325.jpg

PikesPeakPony

Reaction score
Last night I fired up #71 for the 1st time since I unloaded it in October '12. Got my new alternator in and she fired up without hesitation. So now I'm starting to get motivated for 2013, got my pile of parts to install and some adjustments to tweak. What I'm gonna do is track everything in this thread from mod updates to track pics and vids. Put the '13 season in here. So far this is our 2013 schedule:

April 6-7 Pikes Peak Raceway CO
May 4-5 Pueblo Motorsports Park CO
May 25-26 Heartland Park Topeka KS
June 22-23 Hallett Summer Shootout OK
July 12-14 High Plains Raceway CO
August 9-11 Motorsport Park Hastings NE
September 5-8 Miller Motorsports Park - National Championships UT
September 28-29 Pikes Peak Raceway CO
October 26-27 High Plains Raceway CO

#71 will be getting a slew of maintenance as well as some upgrades in the coming weeks, starting NOW. We are roughly 10 weeks from the 1st race, not a whole lot of time left. Still have to order tires and a few odds/ends. I'd like to do 1 or 2 days of T&T before the 1st race as well.

Hey maybe ill see you out at pueblo. I should have a new car by then to tinker around with.

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
That would be sweet! Spectating is free at NASA events so come out if you can.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
If you're still having troubles with your brakes, look into Castrol SRF. It's the best stuff out there IMO. And also look into Cobalt brake pads. Whole different kind of animal.

Looks like a lot of fun though!

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Thanks!

I'll look into the Cobalt pads. I've been using Wildwood Polymatrix and Hawk Black for cost and durability. I use a 600 deg fluid. The Castro is great I'm sure, but $75 per bottle keeps it out of my trailer.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Yeah the Cobalts are great, expensive though. $250 for a pair, but they last a lot longer than OEM due to the fact they are a lot​ more resistant to heat.

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score

Couple of pics from HPT (Heartland Park Topka), it was a sweet track. Something new, but man was it hard on tires. Took 2 4th place finishes and a DQ, currently ranked 4th in points in the region. I was DQ'd for screwing up a start. Essentialy we were doing a 2 flag start, group infront of us was to go on the 1st green, then we were to line up for a standing start and take the second green. I saw the 1st green flag and just took off with the 1st group. Rookie move, lol. oops.

Next weekend we'll be at Pueblo doing some test and tune. Got a few things to try out with the car. I'm having issues with understeer and I think it may be due to incorrectly setting up my PHB. Hallett is a no-go. Wish I could but just don't have funds or time to make it work.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you seem leaps and bounds in front of that dump truck in the last pic! Nice work! :-D

ba#97

Reaction score
hey rich what was your front brake setup again? I am going to be making some serious head way with the cobra this winter when I come home from my deployment....just a little taste of it.....http://www.griggsracing.com/popup_image.php?pID=421&image=0&osCsid=c2790e8c65e8ead47d5bf510feba08b3
http://www.griggsracing.com/popup_image.php?pID=423&image=0

along with the brake ducts, and many other goodies....MM Panhard Bar as well. mwahahaha. I also love the new paint look on your car. I need to come up with mine soon because well...red is getting a little tired and with the new bumper and hood...gonna need it anyways. also going to be installing louvers in my front fenders and might be trying out some new tricks too. lol.

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Good lookin' stuff from Griggs.

My setup came from revolutionbrake.com. If I had the coin, I'd probably go with a StopTech kit. But I'm happy with mine, I need to do a little shimming of the calipers, the pads wear a little crooked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online

No members online now.