95 5.0- Cats back on?

RichV

Reaction score
^lol

I run catless, EGR-less, smog-less, and tune-less. And there is no fuel smell.

Where are the O2 sensors in your exhaust? Collectors? the H? You should be running closed loop so the O2s should regulate fuel. You still have stock injectors and stock fuel pressure right? Let it idle for a while, and pull a plug. If it's black with soot, you're running too much fuel at idle. Could also be a cylinder that's not firing, you can use a infrared on the header for each cylinder and see if you have one that reads cold versus the others.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
^lol

I run catless, EGR-less, smog-less, and tune-less. And there is no fuel smell.

Where are the O2 sensors in your exhaust? Collectors? the H? You should be running closed loop so the O2s should regulate fuel. You still have stock injectors and stock fuel pressure right? Let it idle for a while, and pull a plug. If it's black with soot, you're running too much fuel at idle. Could also be a cylinder that's not firing, you can use a infrared on the header for each cylinder and see if you have one that reads cold versus the others.

Same setup as you. The 02 sensors are plugged into the longtubes from where ever they come down from. Yes still have stock injectors and stock fuel pressure. I had an issue early this year with a leaking o-ring on one of the injectors, injector was replaced. Maybe I should look into replacing all the injectors, don't think it would hurt right? When that problem with the injector happened, was told the car was running on 7 cylinders.

RichV

Reaction score
Same setup as you. The 02 sensors are plugged into the longtubes from where ever they come down from. Yes still have stock injectors and stock fuel pressure. I had an issue early this year with a leaking o-ring on one of the injectors, injector was replaced. Maybe I should look into replacing all the injectors, don't think it would hurt right? When that problem with the injector happened, was told the car was running on 7 cylinders.

Well, you running longtubes makes it not the same as me. My O2 sensors are in the stock location which is probably about where your collector sits, gasses with shortys are pretty well mixed by the time you get to the O2 sensor. Not sure if LTs act any different. Is the injector that was replaced the same color as the rest? It couldn't hurt, but this probably won't fix the issue, unless it's a open injector. But I'm not for just replacing parts in hopes to fix an issue. I would probably investigate a little more. If the problem started with the LT install, start there.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Well, you running longtubes makes it not the same as me. My O2 sensors are in the stock location which is probably about where your collector sits, gasses with shortys are pretty well mixed by the time you get to the O2 sensor. Not sure if LTs act any different. Is the injector that was replaced the same color as the rest? It couldn't hurt, but this probably won't fix the issue, unless it's a open injector. But I'm not for just replacing parts in hopes to fix an issue. I would probably investigate a little more. If the problem started with the LT install, start there.

Ah I forgot you were running shorties. Yes the injector is the same color as the rest. Believe me I'm with you, I don't wanna throw $$ at unecessary parts in hoping it solves an issue lol. Thanks for your input [MENTION=17007]RichV[/MENTION]

teal95gt

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but who ever did the egr delete and capped off the bung on the headers could have done a meh job and there is exhaust fumes leaking out from the headers into the cabin. Also I run catless and no kind of emissions equipment, had all the shit I removed turned off in my tune and it runs amazing and you can't smell gas unless I rev it or really get on it hard, like I saw shifty say once you get it tuned it should be good to go.

edit: also forgot to mention cats on=pussy mode engaged and cats off=murrrrica

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online