95 Cobra - ...and justice for all!

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
welcome mark i havnt been on the dsb for a while kinda seemed slow.. but you guys will like this site oh and welcome again there mike lol i still need my 373 put in as soon as i get the turbo kit done lol spring mang!

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Hey good to see another local here. It's slow because people aren't posting, look at the bottom and there ar 40 to 60 people a day on the site. lol. One person posts, and they get 20 responses instantly because everyone is bored but no one wants to start a thread, lol.
Yep, we'll help you out on a gear when you're ready.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
How about some pics to liven this thread up a bit? It should be moved to the projects section, but what the heck.
Here is the rear cobra brake bracket modified for the 9" ends:
464b10ecefc78a7.jpg

And the ends mounted on the vehicle with the axles installed, looks factory, **** that shop does good work!
464b10ecf0030af.jpg

And then one of the rear end finished up except for the anti roll bar that is now welded in as seen in the picks in an earlier post
464b10ecf043309.jpg

464b10ecf082ac6.jpg

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Ok, after the trans and rear end were buttoned up and are now very tough pieces, it's time to make some go power to go along with that driveline.
Here are some of the parts that are on their way into/onto his car. The plug wires have been sent back and a set of motorsports have gone on in their place. They come with the short coil wire needed for sn95's.
464b10ecf1108cb.jpg

464b10ecf0c2dcb.jpg

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Ok, so after a leakdown and compression test, the engine showed good, which was no surprise when we got 260 out of a set of E7 heads that were not really ported as the guy said, they were just gasket matched. I was impressed with how much power it made for what little was done to it needless to say.
Here is the short block after disassembly.
464b10ecef212f8.jpg

464b10ec9fb4567.jpg

NXcoupe

Reaction score
The shortblock surprised us at how good it looked and also that it was .040 overbore. It ran pretty good for cheap pistons but it will run a lot better after these mods:
464b10ecef56776.jpg

464b10ecef929bd.jpg

The heads are TFS Twisted Wedge with Trick Flow rockers and pushrods. The camshaft is a stage 2 trick flow that the piston to valve clearance was checked and it had plenty of clearance for that cam. I think last I heard Mark was looking for a trick flow intake to go with this setup and sell off his cobra unit. I think that is the plan and hopefully he will jump in and put his .02 worth in.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
thanks for moving it Javi! Yeah, the stage 2 is a decent sounding cam. I have heard all three and seen all three's performance. The stage 3 is a monster as far as power goes. We got 450 out of a 347 with TFS heads and a stage 3 cam, R intake. man that thing flies too! I hope to see this one in the 300 range somewhere, but we'll see. Depends on the compression and how the engine combo likes the cam.

OP
OP
MARKCORE

MARKCORE

Reaction score
Awesome Mike thanks for adding the pics and info. I did get a TFS Track Heat, won it on eBay this past weekend, hoping to have it early this week. Providing the intake is good, we should be ready to hit the dyno late this week or early next.

Did you talk with Matt about another set of custom Dayton Performance valve covers? I'd like to go as far as milling off the TFS logo in the upper and have a nice logo put on that and powder coated. Is that possible?

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Very possible, go into Paul's build thread, I think it is, and he sanded his down and powder coated it. Which means we can do the same thing we did on your 3V covers, on both the intake and the covers.

OP
OP
MARKCORE

MARKCORE

Reaction score
I think that would look great! Once the car is done and back into my garage, I'm going to focus on cleaning and painting everything. We need to get some banners on it too!

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Yep, I think there are still more there. Who knows, people could have ruined the ones I had there, since so much has been moved around. Those rear ones cost me nearly 30 bucks a piece. If I have one you get it and a banner too.

OP
OP
MARKCORE

MARKCORE

Reaction score
WOW!! Thank you!! Whole new car! :toast:

With the new drive line and complete rear suspension setup, you can truly feel that 100% of the cars power is being transplanted to the ground. The street radials just go up in smoke and the car feels really tight. Hitting the gas around 3k rpm the car pulls like a train all the way through the gears. Not surprisingly by looking at the dyno graph of 325rwtq that carries strong until 5750rpm.

Another job well done by the guys (and gal :wink:) at Dayton Performance!!!

When I dropped, or towed rather, the car off; The trans was gone, clutch was toast, and the motor leaked oil from every possible place it could. Now I have a car built to handle just about whatever I can throw at it. :icon_rockon:

You guys have a customer for life!!

marks95done006.jpg

marks95done008.jpg

marks95done007.jpg

marks95done003.jpg

marks95done002.jpg

marks95done004.jpg

marks95done005.jpg

marks95done001.jpg

xr8d302

Reaction score
Looks gorgeous man! Good to see a build go so smoothly!