OP
331gt

331gt

Reaction score
I am slightly biased on this so I am not sure my opinion matters on this subj
utQ9hfD.jpg

I say go ribbed for your pleasure :)
0aam87Y.jpg

wow, glad i asked, this is perfect since mines the DFG and i have been having a hard time finding pics of DFG SN95s with the 00 R hood! and I also have been considering going with black on the hood as well. I saw a DFG with a 95 R hood with a bigger cowl than id probably get, I think it may have been on this forum, that was black and looked good, but i wanted to see the 00R too. I've been concerned about matching paint to the fenders on a 25 year old car and i am not yet looking to paint the whole car. i thought about doing the hood black, like the old Mach 1s but wasnt sure how that would come out on an SN. I really like the look of yours, though id probably do solid black instead of carbon fiber, but this is very helpful!!! Thanks a ton. any more shots of the front and/or hood?

OP
OP
331gt

331gt

Reaction score
What are you guys doing tuning-wise for EFI cars? i had my car dyno tuned back in 2013 using an SCT 4 bank chip when it was naturally aspirated. I spoke with the owner/tuner at that same shop last week and he said he no longer uses SCT chips for this era car, and says ill need the Holley Terminator X EFI kit instead for him to tune it. He mentioned that even with a chip there is a much bigger risk of catastrophic failure now that I will have the Vortech on it. I have read nothing but good feedback on the Holley terminator X kit, but it's also another 1k+ i wasnt anticipating. im already way over what i planned on at the start, given that i ended up needing a new block and went with a DART. im not trying to cut corners and risk destroying a good engine, but also just trying to get a better idea as to whether going with something like the Terminator X is an absolute necessity. seeing as it's a fairly new product from the last few years, and people having been running around with blown SBFs for a few decades, my instinct is that it is not necessary.

I'll be the first to admit I do not know much at all about tuning, let alone EFI tuning for these cars, so looking to learn a bit and see what approach I should take. It's certainly not an uncommon build-331 HCI with a vortech v2 si, no nothing new or exotic by any means. any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There are a few of us running holley efi in one way or another. I don't think anyone would complain other than the price. Its not cheap but its not made cheaply. You will be into it more than $1k that after sensors/harnesses/other changes are made though.

For instance many people swap the ford IAC for a GM version with an adaptor. Many like to upgrade the stock ignition, and then there is the question o fthe digital dash or making the stock gauges work.

OP
OP
331gt

331gt

Reaction score
There are a few of us running holley efi in one way or another. I don't think anyone would complain other than the price. Its not cheap but its not made cheaply. You will be into it more than $1k that after sensors/harnesses/other changes are made though.

For instance many people swap the ford IAC for a GM version with an adaptor. Many like to upgrade the stock ignition, and then there is the question o fthe digital dash or making the stock gauges work.

what about the option of using the ford ECU with the SCT chip? worth it or should I abandon that idea altogether?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online