96-98 4.6L PI Intake Adapter Kit

S

scarface

wait...what? are you saying you had a PI intake ALREADY installed on the car, then you got a horsepower rating. then you added the adapter plates, and retuned and got an additional 30 hp? Or you just went from a Npi intake to a PI intake kit with the adapter plated and gained 30 Hp?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
he picked up 30rwhp from the complete Livernois kit which included a PI intake upgrade from the NPI....

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
nyuk98gt said:
Well, I put in the kit and my 268H cams in '04 and have yet to get to the dyno. Before the intake and cams, the car dynoed at 195 rwhp and about 267 rwtq (automatic). At the time, I just had a catted X, UltraFlos (welded into the stock tailpipes), gears, MAC CAI, and a Steeda timing adjuster. I really ought to get 'er on the dyno!

I'd say it is a good kit. I didn't mind spending some extra loot for an engineered solution but the RTV method is a lot less expensive (and proven in many installations). It really comes down to what you want and what you want to spend. Either way, the PI intake makes a huge improvement in the performance of an NPI engine.

Chris

Hey...what did you run when you dynoed that?...

I wish I had some dyno numbers..

Pennywise2

Reaction score
I never got the chance unfortunately to dyno my mustang after my PI intake
swap but,it made a nice difference though over the non-PI intake.I bet I
received around 15-20 rwhp from that mod.With a tune it will help you gain
more though.

nyuk98gt

Reaction score
justinschmit1:

No dyno numbers since my first tune (several years ago). I intend to get back to the dyno this fall so I'll post an update when available. Like "Pennywise2" said, 15 to 20 rwhp is typical for the PI intake. MM&FF or 5.0 did a cam comparison a year or two ago and the 268H's churned out about 20 to 30 (depending on where you pick the point on the curve) so I think the intake and cams work very well together.

Sorry I can't help you out with a dyno graph (yet).

Chris

Plummod96

Reaction score
I know this thread was resurected and that is not a bad thing. :)I bought this overpriced ;)kit when it first came out.I think it was over $600 back then.I love it and have had no problems.
Someone talked about the injectors sitting higher?They don't. Also,only the lower plenum has been shaved(milled),not the runners.

Please correct me if I'm wrong-Steve :dunno:

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
My car dynoed at 208 with cat back h-pipe, and a bad tune, a/f was around 11.5:1. Trans broke before the third pull and any sheet's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.