96-98 Turbo kits

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
sweet!..

I would love to get a turbo kit...but turbo kits are expensive.

I mean 4k for a turbo kit from some unknown company.

used blower kit+ tune, and everything to install(42lb,walbro 255,PMAS MAF w/extender) im still not even near 3k.

ehh...I dont know though...this makes me want to sell the blower kit and everything and buy that kit! haha

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
That's not bad for a turbo kit. What can you expect anyway? There's no competition, so there's no price wars.

That Stang they put that kit on had just under 150k miles on it.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
That's not bad for a turbo kit. What can you expect anyway? There's no competition, so there's no price wars.

That Stang they put that kit on had just under 150k miles on it.

yea, and the damn thing made amazing power for a stock 96 gt.

365 hp and 422 tq.

if you look at it the npi intake was probably killing so much more power.

it made 365 rwhp at like 4500 and just flat lines..

I bet the thing would make 400+ with a pi intake

im seriously thinking about selling my blower haha

anyone want a complete blower setup? with injectors,maf,and fuel pump?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I wouldn't go with them... Just because there have been all to many turbo companies that I have seen come and go, and often go with the customer's money (Incon anyone? Cartech? Ohio Forced Induction?)

Anyway, you can totally build your own turbo kit, seriously. If you can weld exhaust pipe, use your head, and have patience, it's a cakewalk. And the most expensive part of the whole thing will be the head unit.

If not, look into B&G Custom Turbo's.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
true...but then again....you never know what your gonna get...could be problems with the kit+ just general problems with the turbo...maybe tuning.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
J.R. said:
I wouldn't go with them... Just because there have been all to many turbo companies that I have seen come and go, and often go with the customer's money (Incon anyone? Cartech? Ohio Forced Induction?)

Anyway, you can totally build your own turbo kit, seriously. If you can weld exhaust pipe, use your head, and have patience, it's a cakewalk. And the most expensive part of the whole thing will be the head unit.

If not, look into B&G Custom Turbo's.

so you think its one of those too good to be true, and or you get what you pay for type deals?
thats pretty cheap

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't think it's a you get what you pay for, I think they will fold, like every other turbo company has. Usually when they fold, they have people's money, and people either have a shoddily made kit (Cartech) or no kit at all (Incon, Ohio Forced Induction).

I've priced the materials, the time, and effort to build turbo kit's, and there's no way to do it for 3500 bucks, still use good materials, and make a decent profit (20%) for myself.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
I don't think it's a you get what you pay for, I think they will fold, like every other turbo company has. Usually when they fold, they have people's money, and people either have a shoddily made kit (Cartech) or no kit at all (Incon, Ohio Forced Induction).

I've priced the materials, the time, and effort to build turbo kit's, and there's no way to do it for 3500 bucks, still use good materials, and make a decent profit (20%) for myself.

the kits 4k....sounds reasonable to me.

theyre showing the car with the kit at shows and stuff...it seems legit to me.

We will have to wait and see

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
All the other companies I named were legit, they were all in mag's, they were all at SEMA. I've been around awhile now, I've seen em come, and I've seen em go.

No one is going to be buying one anyway, so it's all kind of moot.

GaryG

Reaction score
JR is Precision a good company to deal w/?

the reason im asking is b/c Chris Rose from CandBMotorsports (the guy i am buying the '96 GT from) is a dealer for Precision turbos, so he good get me a good deal on 1 of them

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
why wouldnt anyone buy a spyder turbo kit JR?

you dont think theres anyone in the US willing to pay 4k for a turbo kit?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Precision makes an awesome product, mostly what they do is modified Garret unit's, or in some cases just re-badged. but still, I chose a Precision unit for my next build.

justinschmidt1 said:
why wouldnt anyone buy a spyder turbo kit JR?

you dont think theres anyone in the US willing to pay 4k for a turbo kit?

I don't think anyone on this board will, most guy's on this board are too afraid to change their oil

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can't see the video...do they show the engine dept with stock engine and turbo or is it that built one on the website with aftermarket cams and intake etc?
kit.jpg

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I can't see the video...do they show the engine dept with stock engine and turbo or is it that built one on the website with aftermarket cams and intake etc?
kit.jpg

right click and save the video...

they do show the engine but its all blurry.

The npi one makes 194 rwhp and 270 tq.

the same car with 8 psi makes 365 rwhp and 422 tq.

100% npi..thats very impressive...the car made that 365 rwhp at like 4500 too..

Imagine with pi intake and pi cams how much power it would make if it could actually breath above 4500.

the thing would have to make like 425 whp at like 5500

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online