96-98 Turbo kits

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Something about only 8 psi and a non pi making 365 hp and 422 tq just doesn't seem right that's almost a 90% increase in hp.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's why I wonder how well it really fit's. The other companies I mentioned were cheap for what you got to, until coupler's blew off, oil lines disintegrated, most of them needed to be completely rebuilt before they were reliable.

Reaction score
the numbers(if truely stock) are pretty respectable. npi's dont make 270 rwtq stock though do they?

glittle75

Reaction score
yeah, they do, i dyno'd my 98 gt bone stock to get some base numbers, sure enough, 204 HP / 274 TQ.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
That's why I wonder how well it really fit's. The other companies I mentioned were cheap for what you got to, until coupler's blew off, oil lines disintegrated, most of them needed to be completely rebuilt before they were reliable.

the prices are confusing..for 4k you get the base kit without the injectos,PMAS, or fuel pump.

but it does say you get the k member with the 96-98 kit.

I dont know....Im talking to them now.

I asked how much a full kit with a kmember and fuel system is.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
The no name head unit they are using is the main reason they can get the price so low. HP and Hellion use name brand turbo's, stainless (303, not rusty 400 series) pipiong, a full fuel system, and a tune.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
The no name head unit they are using is the main reason they can get the price so low. HP and Hellion use name brand turbo's, stainless (303, not rusty 400 series) pipiong, a full fuel system, and a tune.

wow...are you serious?

borgwarner is not a no name company...theyre a very known name in the supra community...which would know a lot more about turbos and turbo quality that the mustang community.

BG are a very high quality turbo.

They are giving a full fuel system..they even offered to install the damn kit for me if I came to thier shop..

stop hating for a second

voidfinger

Reaction score
well i've never heard of them in the turbo market... i wish i could just buy the piping and then piece it together ... if you want a good cheap turbo then go with a powermaster... from what i've been told by turbo people they are ok and cheap. So i guess the turbo kit doesn't include the tune lol.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
IM actually e-building my car with this setup.

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol my optionns are still open but i think i'll do a ebuild with that turbo kit myself. Wonder how much the "full" kit is ... and it still doesn't have a tune.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
lol my optionns are still open but i think i'll do a ebuild with that turbo kit myself. Wonder how much the "full" kit is ... and it still doesn't have a tune.

according to thier site the 96-98 kit comes with the k member for 4k.

so you would need 42 lb injectors, something to deal with the MAF, maybe and extender on the stock unit, and a fuel pump.

your probably looking at about 5k by time you get it tuned and setup.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
that's without labor either...adds up WAY too fast :nonono:

voidfinger

Reaction score
yep i guess it is a little $$$ but i guess if you get it quick before they go under like j.r. said... b/c these turbo people go under fast.

aaron427

Reaction score
Ha ha borg warner turbo a no name?? What rock have you been hiding under? thats why a bunch of guys are selling off their turbonetics for a borg warner, and making more power. Anyways I have seen this car in person, and went for a ride in it. Very nice kit, and pulls pretty dang nice for a stocker car. They are actually selling kits they have sitting on the shelf not ones that they will build when they get your money. For what your getting well worth the money! Im going to have them build me one for my 95 blower car. :banana:

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
whoo +1 on the whole borg warner being a no name...seriously man...

Ive been talking to them and they told me they would install the kit for FREE if I was close enough and could come by thier shop!.

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol since i'm in NC i should go there... but how would i get it tuned to get it home lol... maybe if it came with a FMU lol

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
it looks cool and all
but i'd rather spend my money on the vortech blower
i know for a fact it will have no problems, it's proven ya know?
compared to a no name company that like people said could come and go and no one ever remember

I'm going with the MPH Mongoose Kit like blown97stanger did
3,800 for the full kit + a power pipe isn't bad in my book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online