96-98 Turbo kits

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea not bad but i still would rather have the turbo... but money has always been an issue but if the kit is around the same price i might go with the turbo... shit it isn't nothing to get a bigger turbo... no pulley's to mess with ... no slipping belts... quieter ... more hp per psi... yadayadyada

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
yea not bad but i still would rather have the turbo... but money has always been an issue but if the kit is around the same price i might go with the turbo... shit it isn't nothing to get a bigger turbo... no pulley's to mess with ... no slipping belts... quieter ... more hp per psi... yadayadyada

oh most def man.
i'm more for turbos than i am s/c's
but if you can find me a turbonetics or a garrett turbo setup for less than the MPH Mongoose Kit ahahahahhaha
see what i mean.... turbos are BADASS, no doubt about that but just $$$$ than i have.
a s/c will hold me over for a long time anyways
you can build a badass setup with a blower so... it's all good to me

put i do wish i could slowly push into it and her it spool then WOOOSHH hahah

voidfinger

Reaction score
Yea i sent him an email asking him some questions like the actual size of the turbo... and how will they accomodate or whatever for a 98 with the retard fuel system... But if you got some custom turbo cams and ran the pi heads with like 9:1 cr that would be killer... probably over 450 with the 8 pound deal and still low enough for stock motor. Anyway, since the turbo's work off of exaust and the fact that the npi heads suck on exaust and the pi whips it so why not lol. Sweetness, i might have to go this way.

O and i forgot to tell you lol, turbo's absolutly LOVEEEE the auto's. MMMM stalls and trans brake with a spooled up turbo off the line... woooow

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
more hp per psi... yadayadyada

Is your reasoning that it takes more power to turn a supercharger than it does a turbo? Because 1psi is still 1psi

voidfinger

Reaction score
Red said:
voidfinger said:
more hp per psi... yadayadyada

Is your reasoning that it takes more power to turn a supercharger than it does a turbo? Because 1psi is still 1psi

parasitic loss off the crank is what i'm refering too. I think it takes like 50 or something like that to turn a supercharger... could be wrong but i know it takes power to make it...and with turbo it uses the exaust so? only thing i can think of with that is the fact that is a "exaust" restriction?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i know turbos do not stress the motor as much so that's a fact.
and they are more efficient and make better power....
overall better... read the sticky..
anyways
i don't know if i trust them though
that's my thing
i don't want to drop 4gs into it and it turn out to be garbage....

voidfinger

Reaction score
well from the pics it doesn't look like trash... Before i bought it i think i would take a 2 hour trip up there and look at them... and make up my mind ya know... i would ask to see them and see the "shop car" maybe even take a ride in it.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i'd do some definitely in depth research on them before making a decision like that
i mean if they were proven like vortech then i'd be all over them but... if not... i don't wanna waste my money
and yeah, THEIR SHOW ONE might not look like trash but the pics of the piping you get doesn't look as good as that
they probably took their time to make sure that one was perfect compared to the ones they ship out ya know?
i mean i'm not saying they are shit, i'm just sayin.... be careful....

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
If they are willing to install it free, I'd buy the bitch and make the trip from Alabama to North Carolina.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
hahah yeah, i'd drive to NC which is like not far from me at all if they are fully worth it and do a free install hahahah
we can be added to their project car list hahahah
450rwhp on 8lbs would be sooo badass hahah

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol, install is the easy part... tuning is gonna be the biotch. It will take a couple hours to tune the car up right. Turbo's are the hardest cars to tune and that has come from about 3 different tuners.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i'm sure it will take a while
i mean my friends blown foxbody that made 525rwhp off a 347stroker with a v2 sq s-trim took him a few hours to get his tune right
which it turned out soooo badass hahah
well worth the $200 and the wait

voidfinger

Reaction score
wow thats a still for a tune... the tuners around here want 375 to start with and then 150+ per hour spent... so it would probably be like 2/3 hours to tune right.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
turbos are more efficient than a supercharger

the amount of power it takes to spin the supercharger increases with more boost...but its about 50hp at 9 psi and 75 at 12 psi.

turbos are all around better ..if its setup to make 8 psi it will be a 8 psi at like 3-3500 all the way to redline.

blowers will gradually increase.

350 hp vortech car vs 350 hp turbo car and the turbo car would walk the vortech car all day.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
aaron427 said:
Ha ha borg warner turbo a no name?? What rock have you been hiding under? thats why a bunch of guys are selling off their turbonetics for a borg warner, and making more power. Anyways I have seen this car in person, and went for a ride in it. Very nice kit, and pulls pretty dang nice for a stocker car. They are actually selling kits they have sitting on the shelf not ones that they will build when they get your money. For what your getting well worth the money! Im going to have them build me one for my 95 blower car. :banana:

Nope, Borg warner isn't a no name, it's a junk name. I bet they lost they OE transmission business to and AFTERMARKET company because they put out such quality pieces, like the T5 and T45. Their name is mud basically, and no OE would touch them. Is it a Garrett unit? no, A Precision unit? Nope, Borg Warner, what a confidence inspiring name that is.

However, since you so obviously have no affiliation with the company whatsoever, and nothing to gain by promoting it, I'm sure you are completely unbiased.

Turbonetics ain't exactly at the top of my quality list either, but I haven't seen ANYONE sell off their Turbonetics unit to get one of these POS head unit's that doesn't even belong on a tractor. If anyone is, and making more power, it's because they went up in size, and down in price.

As for them installing it for you, that's a good deal, let them do it. That way you don't have to worry about any fitment issues it may or may not have. If I was you guy's though (the few who will actually pony up, sack up and do it), I would let someone else be the guinea pig. When some random dude in BFE Minnesota get's one, installs it in his garage, with no modifications, and runs it for about 5k without the couplers blowing off, or the headunit taking a poo, then go for it.

Like I said, about four times now, every year some budget turbo company pops up, get's a bunch of press and hype, and then dissappears just as rapidly. how many of you have even heard of the companies I named? they were big names in their day, until the stories started popping up, and the waiting list got longer and longer, until they closed their doors.

If you want a budget turbo kit, build it yourself.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
turbos are more efficient than a supercharger

the amount of power it takes to spin the supercharger increases with more boost...but its about 50hp at 9 psi and 75 at 12 psi.

turbos are all around better ..if its setup to make 8 psi it will be a 8 psi at like 3-3500 all the way to redline.

blowers will gradually increase.

350 hp vortech car vs 350 hp turbo car and the turbo car would walk the vortech car all day.

That makes no sense, and it's untrue. A 350 hp turbo car will make that number with less boost, but having a turbo doesn't magically make the car faster with the same number's.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
J.R. said:
aaron427 said:
Ha ha borg warner turbo a no name?? What rock have you been hiding under? thats why a bunch of guys are selling off their turbonetics for a borg warner, and making more power. Anyways I have seen this car in person, and went for a ride in it. Very nice kit, and pulls pretty dang nice for a stocker car. They are actually selling kits they have sitting on the shelf not ones that they will build when they get your money. For what your getting well worth the money! Im going to have them build me one for my 95 blower car. :banana:

Nope, Borg warner isn't a no name, it's a junk name. I bet they lost they OE transmission business to and AFTERMARKET company because they put out such quality pieces, like the T5 and T45. Their name is mud basically, and no OE would touch them. Is it a Garrett unit? no, A Precision unit? Nope, Borg Warner, what a confidence inspiring name that is.

However, since you so obviously have no affiliation with the company whatsoever, and nothing to gain by promoting it, I'm sure you are completely unbiased.

Turbonetics ain't exactly at the top of my quality list either, but I haven't seen ANYONE sell off their Turbonetics unit to get one of these POS head unit's that doesn't even belong on a tractor. If anyone is, and making more power, it's because they went up in size, and down in price.

As for them installing it for you, that's a good deal, let them do it. That way you don't have to worry about any fitment issues it may or may not have. If I was you guy's though (the few who will actually pony up, sack up and do it), I would let someone else be the guinea pig. When some random dude in BFE Minnesota get's one, installs it in his garage, with no modifications, and runs it for about 5k without the couplers blowing off, or the headunit taking a poo, then go for it.

Like I said, about four times now, every year some budget turbo company pops up, get's a bunch of press and hype, and then dissappears just as rapidly. how many of you have even heard of the companies I named? they were big names in their day, until the stories started popping up, and the waiting list got longer and longer, until they closed their doors.

If you want a budget turbo kit, build it yourself.

He speaks da troof! Turbomustangs.com had all sorts of threads because of those companies. If you want to be cheap build it yourself. Go to turbomustangs.com and look at the DIY/Junkyard Turbo thread. Learn yourself some stuff. Get you a 300 welder from lowe's and start practicing your welding. Go with GOOD name turbo's and you'll be set. You can probably do it all for 2K or less and learn something along the way while you do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online