96 cobra

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
could be. if you stand behind the tail pipe while it is running, this may sound weird...but smell the white smoke.. just a little!!!! see if it smells sweet. coolant has a sweet smell and you could probably smell it if it is coming from there. if it is leaking in the head, your oil should be milky too from the mix of oil and coolant. my head gaskets leaked, but only to the outside. that, I was told was due to a lack (before I got it) of not changing the coolant regularly. the chemical process of the coolant with the aluminum eroded the gaskets.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Yeah, my oil isn't milky thank goodness and I've smelled the smoke before. Usually it has a slight burning smell (oil?) And I've smelled the sweet door before, just don't know if it was coming from the tailpipes

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
like I said, stand behind it with it running and when the white smoke is coming out. both sides should smell the same and not sweet.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Ok, I'll do that later today... when nobody's looking lol

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Yeah, the smoke from my tailpipe had kind of a sweet smell. And the last few days it's been around 70 degrees and I had to top off the coolant twice. In the winter I didn't lose much coolant at all and there was no smoke coming from the tailpipes

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
interesting since if it is leaking coolant into the chamber or chambers, it should be doing it all the time, no matter the temp outside. hard to say at this point.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Got her some new shoes... New to me anyway lol
58e0ea54adbed4ba58e588964b53e0ff.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member