96 cobra

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
The big question is do I need a tune if I use eliminators when I install the offroad xpipe, or will I get by till I can afford to buy a handheld tuner 樂... If it's gonna run bad I'll have to wait on the install

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

You don't need a tune. I pulled my cats of last year and it was fine with just the MIL's, just make sure they are plugged in all the way.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I just realized something... I don't have the factory strut tower brace on my cobra lol

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I'm trying to install these steeda pulleys I have before i attempt the xpipe again but the wp pulley won't come off! I got the 4 bolts out, tried wacking it with a hammer. Won't come off, any tips?
a67c696cf179a00b87cf551403b03c9f.jpg

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
pb blaster and gently pry. they can be really tight. clean the area with sandpaper prior to the new pulley and a bit of anti-seize for when the pump goes out.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
pb blaster and gently pry. they can be really tight. clean the area with sandpaper prior to the new pulley and a bit of anti-seize for when the pump goes out.
I did that, I might try it again or maybe I'll ditch the pulleys for today lol... I decided to try the crankshaft pulley and the bolt is free but the puller isn't freeing it, I'm afraid if I keep cranking it it's gonna damage the bolt threads

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I did that, I might try it again or maybe I'll ditch the pulleys for today lol... I decided to try the crankshaft pulley and the bolt is free but the puller isn't freeing it, I'm afraid if I keep cranking it it's gonna damage the bolt threads

I also assume I have to back the crank bolt out a little so the pulley has room to come off but when I tighten the puller it turns the bolt too ugh

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Ummm, I have a problem. Driver side bolt snapped trying to remove the midpipe

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I got the pulleys on, but both bolts snapped on the driver side header. I put the xpipe on anyway but do I need new bolts welded on to the header? It drives fine but has an obvious exhaust leak

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
long bit and drill it out?
I'm not even bothering doing it myself, my body is killing me from yesterday. I'm just gonna temporarily patch it up till I can take it to a shop, its looking like I'm just gonna have a shop do the clutch as well. I don't need any more mishaps, I don't have the resources or experience to fix these things on the spot

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
they have to take the mid pipe down anyway, so good time to take car of all of it.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
So with the offroad xpipe installed the smoke coming from the tailpipes is more noticeable, but it's only when the engine is at temperature if I shut it off for a couple minutes then start it back up there's a significant amount of whitish smoke. Cold starts are fine

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
that's because no more cats to burn up the condensation. most likely, the white smoke you see is added condensation which is worse nowadays due to the added ethanol in the gas. the ethanol ups the water content. will also be worse in cooler weather but you will still see it during the summer as well.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
that's because no more cats to burn up the condensation. most likely, the white smoke you see is added condensation which is worse nowadays due to the added ethanol in the gas. the ethanol ups the water content. will also be worse in cooler weather but you will still see it during the summer as well.
Oh wow, I just got schooled lol... could it also b from my coolant leak also that I have no idea where it's leaking from? I think my driver side head gasket is bad, I have a slight oil leak and it looks like it starts right around the top of the driver side exhaust manifold. Maybe coolant is leaking there too?

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Thanks for the help too [emoji106]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online