97 GT Build

97Bullitt

Reaction score
Figured I post up here my ideas and get some feedback off you seasoned SN-95 guys.

Bought this off my retiring CSM, minus a Strut Tower Brace, and some UGLY euro rims, and a kenwood radio, this car is stock.
I just rolled over 94,000 in her.

Now here is where the build comes in.

When I get back to the US, I am planning an overhaul.
I don't want much, and I'm not in this for 1/4 mile times.

Endgoal: 300RWHP Associated Torque(should be in that range anyway.)
Naturally Aspirated. No blowing, and no juice.

Now for what I have in mind.

It runs fine, so I am not worried about compression. It's not burning oil, or anything, so thusfar aside from being generally grimey, it is in good shape.
SO I am confident that the block is good. If not, hell, I'll just get the Romeo Block off LRS for 900.

Now I have been looking at a PI swap, and figured, YES this will happen. But that will be the last piece. I am going bottom up.
I plan to use a 5.0 stroker kit, that way I will bump up power, and have forged internals. Far more strength for what I plan to throw on it.

After I stroke it, I will add the PI heads, intake, and cams.

*ugh this board is wierd*

OP
OP
97Bullitt

97Bullitt

Reaction score
As for the rest of the engine.

I am looking at Steeda UDPs
Looking to find some lightweight idlers(less rotating mass is always good right?!)
CAI(still debating on brand)

Looking at a 70MM Throttlebody, just need to find a good matching lower.
For intakes, do you think a bullitt intake will work with the PI heads??
That could make for a difference in my choice of TBs.

A question as well, cams..
with PI heads, am I able to now use any 99+ GT cams??
I've been looking at the Xe 278Ah-13, since it has such a nice powerband(2200-6200) Or the Xe270ah-13 (1800-5800)

Just wanting a little more than PI.

Now all that combined with the 5.0 stroker kit should nail me a good number.
Since this will be a rather involved ordeal, obviously custom tuning, fed by an SCT 4 bank.
For on the spot switching.
That way I can have a highway tune(good for fuel economy), a street tune, and a weekend tune(balls to the wall)
And since the motor is all different, I am guessing that the *stock* tune would need to be overwritten anyway.

OP
OP
97Bullitt

97Bullitt

Reaction score
Now further down the line.
I am going with LongTube headers(can't decide a brand) with a shorty Off/Road H-Pipe.
Feeding a Flowmaster American Thunder Catback.

An aluminum driveshaft.
A rebuilt rear end with new gears.

That is something I am still on the edge of the fence over.
3.73 or 4.10, this car will be a DD(minus winter)
so if there are interstate travel, I'd like to be able to get across state, without spending all my money.

Suspension wise, I am looking at the Eibach pro system, it has it all. That and some Upper and lower control arms.
A new lightweight K-member and control arms. (lightening the load)

And to top it all off.

17x8 Black Bullitts up front, with 17x10.5 Bullitts out back.

Then comes brakes, but I haven't even given them much look.

OP
OP
97Bullitt

97Bullitt

Reaction score
Now onto the cosmetic portion.

I like the styling, and minus a Mach 1(70-73 style) hood, this is the only hood I've never wanted to modify.
But my color scheme has got to go.
I cannot stand this tan interior. UGH So when I hit stateside, I will be looking for grey interior pieces. The interior will be Grey/Black.
Going to upgrade the upholstery too, Cloth sucks.
Going Black Vinyl, front and rear. Will be going with the Reverse glow gauges as well. I like the way they look.
For the rest, Black carpeting, and a Steeda Tri ax short throw shifter.

Now the outside will be a lot more costly.
I want it painted black. From there, the GT4.6 emblems have got to go, I will most likely throw 5.0 emblems on it, as this will be the last part of my project.
From there, tinted windows, smoked headlights. Looking for some nice bulbs(leaning towards luminics pure whites(you know the blueish kind)
with 4300K HID foglights.
Blacked out sequential taillights.
And lastly a rear window louver.

And that minus all the technicalities, is my project. Which will not start til Jan, since I am waiting til I get to the US to start, and since I may be deploying, that will give me all the funds I need!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online