97 mstang gt 5.4 4valve swap supercharger options

1bad97stang

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to this forum but have been reading up on threads and like the info I always get from here so let's see how this goes not sure if this has been covered before. Anyway I have a 97 mustang gt that is being 4v swapped so far I was able to get a chep priced gt500 iron block bottom end and navigator heads and timing cover are being mounted on top. sincethe shortblock internals are made to handle some boost I would hate to leave it naturally aspirated instead of a power adder.currently I have a boss 302 manifold with adapter plates for it but want to see my options of superchargers for it I was also thinking of getting a coyote supercharger manifold use from Roush for a tvs kit use the MMR COYOTE adapters and see if a '13 gt500 tvs factory blower will fit on top I'm looking do do this and don't want to spend a whole lot of money as I am a student and full time worker making aboout 2100 a month so it will definately take some time thanks in advance for any help :cool:

96blak54

Legend
Reaction score
I posted info in this section and its a noshow....what gives?

Anyhow, ill retype!

Ditch the s/c and go n/a! But either you deside get new pistons for a zero deck clearance even if a dish is needed for the desired static compression. Probes makes a specific 5.4l ch1.320" forged piston with all kinds of dish options including valve reliefs. The zero deck clearance has more benefits for a stable combustion than a piston .100" deep in the hole. Not all is lost though. If your pistons are forged, sell them as 4.6l flattops to regain some funds.

1bad97stang

Reaction score
Thanks for replies guys but I honestly don't want to touch the shortblock as it is already built from the factory to handle more than enough boost I'll need as it will be a streetcar D3VST8R96GT the Centri blower option would be a great idea too as I havve a boss302 manifold already but do you know how I can make a bracket work or if those Centri blower companies make a supercharger mounting bracket to fit the 5.4 navigator timing cover I might be able to get one for a cobra and modify the timing cover a bit to make it work but I'm not sure if the supercharger will spin in the correct direction

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
They don't make on for the navi specifically but adapting a cobra one doesn't seem absurd. As far as spinning the right way stay consistent the bracket u buy should be for x head unit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
five.oh_lover

Members online

No members online now.