98 cammed 3.8 build

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Hey man, I'm definitely not hating. I love your ingenuity for relocating the IAC. Clever. Looking good, though. You should take the Ford oval off your rrunk and use it to block off the IAC on your intake.

Thanks man and that is actually a really good idea. I may use it. haha

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Ok, so you can kind of scratch anything to do with this car. Last weekend I'm poking through craigslist and i find a white new edge convertible. Guy wants $1200 and doesnt know what its running so horribly. He's been throwing parts left and right at it just like different shops are telling him to do. It smokes like crazy and wont do more than 35 with your foot to the floor. (This guy knew nothing about cars, he told me it had a V4 in it.) I gave him $400 and my FR500s and i drove it to my shop on the interstate at 35mph... (not fun) pulled the plugs they were all burnt. changed the plugs and wires and now she runs like a dream. with a small exhaust leak lol.

I will be stripping down my silver car and putting the new engine into this body.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Nice score. Ignorance is aggravating, but every once in a while it works out in your favor. Any progress on the engine?

Oh yes. haha. The guys really thought he had a 4 cylinder... Kinda makes the 6 sound bad. But theres not much left for me to do on the engine but now that i have this newer car i dont have to do as much of a swap. this engine is going to go straight onto the wiring harness for the 2000. I'm really confused right now i have a friend wanting to buy the car for $3,000 and im really thinking about doing it to get a GT.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
I'm all for V6 builds. I am. Something about it just royally pisses in people's cheerios. Everyone always says, "should have bought a V8"...

That being said, I think that you should sell the '00 vert and buy a GT.

Hear me out, before you all start calling me a hypocrite. I think you should continue with your V6 project, and daily drive the GT (when you buy it). The body of your V6 car isn't worth making pretty, so focus on suspension goodies and gut the interior. Make your procharged V6 project into an AutoX god. And then, use it as your back up car when you start to modify the GT.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
i know it haha. Before when i put my 3.73s in my stock car with an 8.8 id piss people off all the time. especially when my v6 mustang could do a better burnout than them hahaha

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Ok first a few pics from a week or so ago with [MENTION=20210]lwarrior1016[/MENTION] wheels.

Whoo Hoo Time for low!!

Front spring difference

Can you say Rake???

Sitting high...

Rear spring difference

Sitting low...

Finished product!!

It's so nice to have a car that i love taking pictures of!!!

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Nice score! Stance looks great

Thanks man i love the way it looks. Right now my cat on the passenger side scrapes everywhere because the person before me had it replaced and it hangs kind of low but im getting a MAC H pipe soon without cats so it should be alot better.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Are you still building the engine to put in the white 'vert?

yes! The engine is already built but now i have to pull it out of the silver car and put it in the white one. But, that should be an easy swap because that engine came from a 99-04 so all the harness and fuel rails will plug right on up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Staff online

Members online