98 cammed 3.8 build

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
I went Friday and got my FR's back. The guy put them on some other car for the last week and tore the tires up :( and checked the rim a few times :(. Im going to clean them up and put them on my car so [MENTION=20210]lwarrior1016[/MENTION] can have his saleens back lol. I'll post some pics later.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Ok so a little recap. Guy wanted 1200 for my 2000 vert. I gave him 400 and my fr500. Friday i went to him and bought my FR's and his rims for $175..

He did mess up the front rims a little but thats ok I kinda want something different for this car anyway.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Somebody stole your bumper!

Haha no actually I took it off so that [MENTION=20210]lwarrior1016[/MENTION] and I could prime it to try out a new paint gun I got. It came out pretty good so I'm going to get a new front and rear bumper and a passenger front fender and we're going to repaint the whole car white again.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
I know! And I am actually about to sell the set of rims that im not using in about 2 hours for a little more than i paid for all 8 of them. So it will be an even better deal [MENTION=10997]g36 monkey[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Man, great job haggling/bargaining... you got that car for $575, cash. That's less than half of what he wanted for it, plus you got your rims back, and you are recovering some of the money by selling the rims you're not using. It's like you got your car for free. And you already have a built engine to put in it. Score!

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Man, great job haggling/bargaining... you got that car for $575, cash. That's less than half of what he wanted for it, plus you got your rims back, and you are recovering some of the money by selling the rims you're not using. It's like you got your car for free. And you already have a built engine to put in it. Score!

Yeah man thats exactly how i feel. Sunday I'm Going to pick up an 8.8 rear end. I already have a brand new set of ford racing 4:10s. Im going to order a new clutch kit and master overhaul kit for the rear end! I'm also ordering my H-Pipe tomorrow so alot of cool upgrade coming in the next few weeks.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Ok I'm Going to get my 8.8 rear end sunday. Just ordered the T-Lok rebuild kit and The install kit with all new bearings. Also ordered my Mac H-Pipe. Here are a few pictures from me pulling the engine out of the old silver car yesterday. It will be going in the new edge soon :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Ok! More progress.

Starting to pull the new cars engine. 190,000+ miles.

Got it out and gave it a quick little clean up.

Time to drop the new engine in :)

Whoo! as of now we just got the fuel rail on. Dont have a ton of time just do a little here and a little there in between work, but it will be running soon!

I also bought an 8.8 out of a 02 GT. Its already torn down and my clutch kit and seal and bearing kit just came in. Will be putting 4.10s in soon.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Sweet. Great to see progress being made. Did you finish that upper intake? Any pics?

I think for now I'm going to put the stock upper intake on it. Get all the bugs worked out with my tune and things like that and when i get it all how i want then I will do the windstar swap. as of now I wont be able to work on it any today but hopefully tomorrow I can get some time in.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
That makes perfect sense. Get the built motor in there and get it running smoothly. You can worry about the windstar intake and the vortech later.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Hold on now [MENTION=20210]lwarrior1016[/MENTION] if David is giving one to me then let's not scare him away by being rude.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Man, I would love to be able to just give away superchargers. But I don't even have a car.

But I just assumed that adding boost is everyone's end goal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online