98 GT PI swap green machine

OP
OP
T

Timbo1jz

Reaction score
4v are a headache!

They really are, lol. I'm seriously so amazed how much of a difference the motor mounts made. My heads unfortunately aren't going on until next week cause we got a rain storm all weekend. I put on some MSD wires and new plugs today and have to say even with the NPI heads on, I still absolutely love driving this car! :smiley:

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Im almost completed with my PI engine swap. Will be going back in the in the next week or two. I ended up going with solid motor mount... hopefully they wont be too sshhhhzzaaakky.

WKT

Reaction score
Good looking car, I had a red 99 Cobra back around 2001. I didn't keep it very long, had a very fine line between bogging it or breaking the tires loose and wheel hopping. I like the color, as you can see I like green.

OP
OP
T

Timbo1jz

Reaction score
Your are spot on, with the IRS wheel hop. My cobra had bad wheel hop, even after I put in nice suspension.
From what I have heard, the solid mounts aren't too bad with vibration, and they are significantly cheaper.
I do like the poly mounts a lot though.

OP
OP
T

Timbo1jz

Reaction score
Got my SCT tuner with tunes for the PI heads and a flexible dipstick to make things a little easier. Heads are going in tomorrow, so I'll take some pics.

OP
OP
T

Timbo1jz

Reaction score
Got the PI swap all done and good to go. Runs awesome and now is a total blast to drive! Ordered some steeda underdrive pullies and an ARP crank pulley bolt just for insurance because I ended up reusing my old crank bolt. The car is a beast on the Bama performance tune, but didn't really care for the throttle response on the street tune. I'm putting on some flow master high flow cats this weekend because it's a little stinky and you know how cops are in Cali, LOL! Also decided I'm changing over to a SLP loudmouth 1 cat back because I miss the sound when I had it on my old GT. The Magnaflow will be a little to quiet when I put the cats on. Having the Lokar flexable dipstick tube was awesome and eliminated the headache of putting the stock one back in. Also having the new motor mounts was a must with clearance of the BBK shorties and the steering shaft on the drivers side, and the K member on the passenger side. They definitely would not fit with the motor sagging on the old mounts. The cylinders were in excellent shape with the crosshatch still looking brand new. Their was some carbon buildup on the Pistons, but spent some time cleaning it all off and polishing the Pistons making them look brand new

OP
OP
T

Timbo1jz

Reaction score
0041460D-9655-4139-BE48-FF6D5F525461.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]
78287A33-6239-411F-AA27-EA8DED5AEFA3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
5340112A-1F9F-4011-8476-D34A3E084414.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
T

Timbo1jz

Reaction score
Only dead give away is now the oil fill cap is on the passenger side now, LOL!

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Looking good!!! I might have to go get the PI heads for next winters project. I bet that thing is a blast to drive

OP
OP
T

Timbo1jz

Reaction score
Ya, I think it was well worth it to put the heads on and have the added compression. The motor sounds different and a lot more powerful even just idleing from the compression. I put a can of octane booster in yesterday and it really likes it. I'm going to do it every fill up now cause I'm stuck with crappy 91 here in Cali.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice job!

I liked my car the most when it was just PI swapped with a nice set of cams and made a great driver.

OP
OP
T

Timbo1jz

Reaction score
I got the flow master cats put in this morning, and I have to say I really love them! Car feels smoother with a little more low end grunt and doesn't stink anymore.
4DB48B95-126F-418F-95DD-DBD3B42D3F83.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online