98 x-pipe on p.i. motor? fitment??

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
alright guys just a quick question. (so i know if i have to replace the midpipe)..
how well is my midpipe gonna fit to the 01 motor?
if i get a x-pipe for an 01 will it still fit to my catback?
thanks guys!

Thomas_W

Reaction score
it'll still fit....

the only changes on the exhaust from 96-98 and 99+ is the O2 sensor position (since they moved the 02 sensor connectors to the top of the trans instead of near the oil pan) and they got rid of the hanger assembly at the transmission tail shaft housing.

96gt226410

Reaction score
Would a BBK O/R X that came off an '01 GT fit my car? Or are there some modifications that need to be made?

four six

Reaction score
96gt226410 said:
Would a BBK O/R X that came off an '01 GT fit my car? Or are there some modifications that need to be made?

It will fit just fine. Mine is off a 2002 GT

W

Wes8398

I've been shopping for a good priced, used midpipe for a long time now, and I've always been under the assumption that a 99+ pipe is not the same as a 96-98 pipe. I seached the topic pretty heavily on a number of different forums. If I remember correctly, people said modifications would need to be done to have them bolt up directly. Once I heard that, I just started looking for used 96-98 pipes - which is why I still haven't bought one, they're few and far between. :hammer:
Can anyone go a little more in depth with exactly what modifications need to be made to make a 99+ midpipe to fit on a 96-98 gt? I'd be very interested to hear. OH, and I'm looking for a CATTED pipe, so would that make a difference?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.