A/C repair

Booboo

Reaction score
The A/C compressor is bad on my 1997 GT. I am planning on replacing the parts and then having a mechanic add the freon to it. Any comments on this kit? A/C compressor kit

07GtS197

Reaction score
It’s a little overkill imo. O rings, drier, compressor and a flush is all you should really need. Given the age of your car it’s not a bad idea to replace the lines and condensor too but it’s not necessary.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Anyone have a link to the valve seals or whatever they would be called. My system leaks from the filling port. Needs a new o ring/valve in there

chithead

Reaction score
Hmmmm... you might be onto something here. I did the paper clip trick to kickstart the compressor in order to test and then charge the system last year, but it has all leaked out again.

Looks like LMR has a kit - 1982-04 MUSTANG A/C O-RING KIT

07GtS197

Reaction score
Anyone have a link to the valve seals or whatever they would be called. My system leaks from the filling port. Needs a new o ring/valve in there
Like the valve core? In the past, I’ve been able to somewhat fix it with a screwdriver. They like to not seat all the way after I took my gauges off. They’re pretty universal. I used a set that were for bike tires on my 87 Grand Marquis. It’s been a few years and no leaks. The only problem is you need a special tool with a ball valve to close the port while you change the core.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online