A peak at whats going on!

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
So manual steering, manual brakes, no AC, tubular everything how many pounds you think you shed. Why are you boxing the fan?

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
So manual steering, manual brakes, no AC, tubular everything how many pounds you think you shed. Why are you boxing the fan?

Ill start with the fan. Being Im running a fox vortech setup I needed some clearance between the fan and blower crank pulley. So I recessed the rad into the core support which gave me an extra 2.5" of clearance. Next was deciding on a fan set up, I contemplated switching to a ramcharger or viper fan assembly but after pondering the situation a bit more I came to the conclusion that I could modify my current sn fan enough to gain another 1.5" along with fabbing a shroud more suited for my bay. The shroud along with the rad support cover and lower framerail spats I fabbed up will be painted body color, which should make the front end very clean and crisp.

Now as far as how much weight has been taken out of the car I would guess about 200lbs and thats just the front end. Again thats a guess if you or anyone else wants to figure it out here is a rough list of whats been taken off the front end alone.

Stock iron heads
smog pump and all related items
AC and related items
cruise control and all related items
Power steering pump, lines and cooler
ABS module
stock accessorey brackets
stock k-member
stock A-arms
a multitude of unnecessary ford wireing harness
A pile uf misc useless brackets

Thats the stuff off the top of my head that came off the front end alone nevermind the heavy @ss factory power leather seats and a ton of other crap Ive pulled from the rest of the car but thats a whole nother discussion in itself.
Power brake booster

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
this thing is going to be an absolute animal, and it's going to look so great. People are going to drool all over that bay at shows....count on it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
whats it matter how much weight was saved? After that much time into it I would be afraid to park in the back 40 of the parking lot it at the mall let alone race it good and hard....

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
and the mock up of the new core support cover Im fabbing

one reason why Im fabbing my own cover

never liked that seam on the core support and instead of filling it I knew a different core cover would take care of that and a few other spots a normal or aftermarket cover wouldnt take care of

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
whats it matter how much weight was saved? After that much time into it I would be afraid to park in the back 40 of the parking lot it at the mall let alone race it good and hard....

lol the mall your kidding me right.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lucky you haha, mine is daily'd

This thing is a real machine though. It's one of those end goals most people have, but don't have the patience, or know how to produce. It's a real piece of art bud.

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
Lucky you haha, mine is daily'd

This thing is a real machine though. It's one of those end goals most people have, but don't have the patience, or know how to produce. It's a real piece of art bud.

Thanks tew if I had to dd it I would never have taken it to this extent believe me.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah see now that is what I am afraid I will end up with, a car I am afraid to drive. While I want a bad-ass clean car like yours I do not want to be afraid to drive it.

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
ah see now that is what I am afraid I will end up with, a car I am afraid to drive. While I want a bad-ass clean car like yours I do not want to be afraid to drive it.

Scott I have no fear of driving it and I do as much as I can but taking it to a supermarket just isnt somewhere I would go if I take it out. I take it out to actually drive not shop. Most times its back mountian cruises or long highway jonts were I can actually enjoy what ive built. Going shopping isnt going to bring me enjoyment from the car if you get what Im saying.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I understand what you mean. When this thing comes out of the garage, it's to be driven. Not for menial tasks of going to the store, but to be hammered around, played with so to speak ;p

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
I understand what you mean. When this thing comes out of the garage, it's to be driven. Not for menial tasks of going to the store, but to be hammered around, played with so to speak ;p

Exactly what Im talking about tew

ProKiller

Reaction score
i think i might just give up now on mine. how can i park next to you at shows and even get a glance...

i call DIBS on the first spot in the category at Mustang Week!!!! that way when the judges see it they will write mine down and then be too lazy to change it to yours.

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
i think i might just give up now on mine. how can i park next to you at shows and even get a glance...

i call DIBS on the first spot in the category at Mustang Week!!!! that way when the judges see it they will write mine down and then be too lazy to change it to yours.

Lol Ryan did you think I pulled it off the road just to drop a shortblock in it... haha. Coulda done that in a day. Im all out on this one ryan and have a ton of little tricks to go, make no mistake about it, she will be a one of a kind.. I can pretty much guarantee it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online