about to buy these coilovers. got a few ?'s

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
1. A good spring rate for the fronts would be 250-350. Rears I would do anything above 225.
2. I'm not sure about fitting other shocks/struts but I'm pretty sure they do. Give them a call to make sure. Lakewoods aren't that great so I would definitely get something better. Some bilsteins will be nice for when you want to auto-x. Or some adjustable ones if that's what you prefer.
3. Yes MM cc plates will fit.

95opal

Reaction score
http://m.uprproducts.com/mustang-silver-front-rear-coil-over-package.html
I figure that's a good price and I've heard good things about them.
I'm gonna daily drive my 94 gt and autocross every now and then. What would be a good spring rate front and rear. Also are they compatible with other shocks or just the lakewoods.
And will MM caster camber plates fit on these? Thanks

Fronts 350-375.. rears a minimum of 250 unless your going to run a helper spring. MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS period.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
1. A good spring rate for the fronts would be 250-350. Rears I would do anything above 225.
2. I'm not sure about fitting other shocks/struts but I'm pretty sure they do. Give them a call to make sure. Lakewoods aren't that great so I would definitely get something better. Some bilsteins will be nice for when you want to auto-x. Or some adjustable ones if that's what you prefer.
3. Yes MM cc plates will fit.

Fronts 350-375.. rears a minimum of 250 unless your going to run a helper spring. MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS period.

Conflicting. Please give reasons for spring rate conflict as I am doing quite a bit of research on coilover kits as well. Thanks!

TanTop94

Reaction score
Theyve given spring rate but what about length? I can only imagine that a 10" spring wont react the same as a 12 or 14" spring of the same rate?

95opal

Reaction score
Front length would be a 10" 350-375 rear would be a 9" 250-275 this should suit you for an aggressive street/ autox car.
You don't want anything under a 250 out back without a helper spring as it will unseat and bang around. You also want to keep roughly 100# difference from front to back.
Just give Maxmotorsports a call they will answer any questions you have and point you in the right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online