about to buy these coilovers. got a few ?'s

Discussion in 'Suspension and Brakes' started by Madbum90, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Madbum90

Madbum90 New Member

http://m.uprproducts.com/mustang-silver-front-rear-coil-over-package.html
    I figure that's a good price and I've heard good things about them.
    I'm gonna daily drive my 94 gt and autocross every now and then. What would be a good spring rate front and rear. Also are they compatible with other shocks or just the lakewoods.
    And will MM caster camber plates fit on these? Thanks

2. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

1. A good spring rate for the fronts would be 250-350. Rears I would do anything above 225.
    2. I'm not sure about fitting other shocks/struts but I'm pretty sure they do. Give them a call to make sure. Lakewoods aren't that great so I would definitely get something better. Some bilsteins will be nice for when you want to auto-x. Or some adjustable ones if that's what you prefer.
    3. Yes MM cc plates will fit.

3. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Legend

the front strut you're running is also going to determine how stiff of a spring you can.

4. 95opal

95opal Well-Known Member

Fronts 350-375.. rears a minimum of 250 unless your going to run a helper spring. MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS period.

5. fiveohwblow

fiveohwblow Active Member

Conflicting. Please give reasons for spring rate conflict as I am doing quite a bit of research on coilover kits as well. Thanks!

6. TanTop94

TanTop94 Well-Known Member

Theyve given spring rate but what about length? I can only imagine that a 10" spring wont react the same as a 12 or 14" spring of the same rate?

7. 95opal

95opal Well-Known Member

Front length would be a 10" 350-375 rear would be a 9" 250-275 this should suit you for an aggressive street/ autox car.
    You don't want anything under a 250 out back without a helper spring as it will unseat and bang around. You also want to keep roughly 100# difference from front to back.
    Just give Maxmotorsports a call they will answer any questions you have and point you in the right direction.