Abs light wont shut off

07GtS197

Reaction score
Since I bought this car in august the abs light has been on. I recently bought an Elm327 wireless obd2 scanner to read the abs codes. Well it doesnt give me the option to check the abs system so Im guessing the abs module is bad yet my abs is still working. Also my tc light will be on but wont shut off when pressing the button and sometimes its the opposite. And one of my calipers is starting to stick so maybe thats whats causing it and I noticed today that my ebrake doesnt work well and the rear brakes will squeak if my stang is at an angle with the ebrake on. What do you guys think?

Sorry that was a loaded post but theres a lot going through my head right now and I just want to get to the bottom of this.

wmfateam

Reaction score
Usually only high end scanners and factory scan tools will read abs. I assume your talking new edge since you mentioned TC. On my 96, one of the ABS sensor wires had been rubbed by the wheel causing my ABS light to stay on. But I am unaware how the sensors function in the newer models. Also do you have brake lights? A bad brake light switch can cause ABS and TC lights to stay on and also cause cruise control to malfunction. And about the squeaking and ebrake, I suggest a full inspection of the under car.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
The Elm327 can read abs codes, a buddy of mine on modded mustangs showed me how to read abs with the same scanner and app. And yes its an 02 gt, I bet they work the same so Ill check the wiring just to make sure. Isnt there a way to adjust the e brake? I think I have to pull the center console and adjust a bolt? I replaced my e brake front cable in my 00 gt and had to do that but that was years ago. Also yes my brake lights and cruise control both work. Its pretty strange isnt it?

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Funny cause I just had the same problem! Well kind of... Check each wheel sensor first. Generally from what I have read is that if the ABS light comes on when your moving but not while you are stopped then it is the sensors. If it is the TC module, it will comes on from the start and not turn off. The TC module is a super expensive part new. However you can have yours rebuilt, I will include the link. Removing the TC module is easy and dosent require disconnecting any hydraulic lines...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABS-EBCM-EB...id=100040&rk=1&rkt=4&mehot=pp&sd=121110825517

[video=youtube;sIOrklnT9AA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIOrklnT9AA&index=9&list=WL[/video]

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I really thought it was the tc module since they go bad so often on our cars but do you think it is even if my abs works? They are integral right? These wide array of symptoms just has me dumbfounded.

Ballistic

Reaction score
Mine is always on, when i had it at the dealership getting some work done on it, one of my friends there thats a mechanic said to not worry about fixing it..

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
All that stuff is for sissies! We don't need that stuff, or power steering, or power brakes, or power seats, just as long as we have a/c then its good by me lol.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
A/C...Oh yea.....gotta have a/c! And one of them shiatsu massager head rest....mmmm hhmmm.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I just want to get to the bottom of this and have this damn abs light shut off. And Im just glad my ac is still working after 13 years on the road, If not Id die in this florida heat lol.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just want to get to the bottom of this and have this damn abs light shut off. And Im just glad my ac is still working after 13 years on the road, If not Id die in this florida heat lol.

One can simply remove gauge cluster and take out said abs light.

Problem solved, nothing more to see here folks.

Glad I could be of assistance. B-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Cpotts13

Reaction score
One can simply remove gauge cluster and take out said abs light.

Problem solved, nothing more to see here folks.

Glad I could be of assistance. B-)

I did this when I first installed my o/r x pipe a few years ago.. Even passed inspection because the light wasnt on!!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I did this when I first installed my o/r x pipe a few years ago.. Even passed inspection because the light wasnt on!!

Not all Stangs have abs as it was an optional if light doesn't come on upon start up its probably just assumed it's not s factory abs car.

That would be my thought.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Not all Stangs have abs as it was an optional if light doesn't come on upon start up its probably just assumed it's not s factory abs car.

That would be my thought.

I meant i removed the check engine light cause by the o/r x pipe and still passed inspection..

heffe2001

Reaction score
If the ABS comes on as soon as the car starts, and never goes off, bad ABS module is usually the culprit.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Thats what Ive been reading but apparently my abs still works. Ive tried multiple times to lock up my tires to see if abs is shut off yet I cant lock up the tires. My front calipers are starting to seize maybe that could be contributing to this? Theyll loosen up when you put a c clamp on them or give them a few whacks with a rubber mallet so Im guessing the slide pins are dry. Plus it sat for a few months before I bought it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dusky

Members online